How to open a text file for output
Author Message
 How to open a text file for output

How can I open a text file to write to it in the same
location of the application.

sincerely yours

Mike John

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:50:59 GMT
 How to open a text file for output
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/jsfsotutor.asp

Ray at work

Quote:
> How can I open a text file to write to it in the same
> location of the application.

> sincerely yours

> Mike John

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:08:12 GMT
 How to open a text file for output

Quote:

> How can I open a text file to write to it in the same
> location of the application.

> sincerely yours

> Mike John

Hi, Mike
I'm not sure I understand the question.
Do you just want to append new text to the file?
Is this a text file with a bunch of variable or fixed-length lines, and you want to overwrite one particular line or range of lines?
Will the new lines have the same length as the old lines?  How big is the file?

-Paul Randall

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:23:42 GMT
 How to open a text file for output
well I am trying to output data from the html file running
in my web server to a text file running in my web server.
Quote:

Quote:
>> How can I open a text file to write to it in the same
>> location of the application.

>> sincerely yours

>> Mike John

>Hi, Mike
>I'm not sure I understand the question.
>Do you just want to append new text to the file?
>Is this a text file with a bunch of variable or fixed-

length lines, and you want to overwrite one particular
line or range of lines?
Quote:
>Will the new lines have the same length as the old

lines?  How big is the file?
Quote:

>-Paul Randall

>.

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:30:15 GMT
 How to open a text file for output
On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:50:59 -0700, "Mike John"

Quote:

>How can I open a text file to write to it in the same
>location of the application.

Use the WriteLine method on the FSO.  Snippet here:

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/VBScript/quickref/textstream_writ...

Jeff

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:34:09 GMT

1. How can I open text file for output in the same directory

2. appending text to output text file

3. opening / saving files with MS rich text box control (viewing open files)

4. Outputting Text of a MSGBOX to a text file

5. Need help editing an Input file (text) and writing the to a new, altered Output file

6. Binary chars in output using Open xxxx For Output As #1

7. Screen as an output file in OPEN statement

8. Deleting a line from a file opened in output/append

9. Opening Output files

10. sample code needed to open plain text file and use as excel97 file

11. Want to redirect output to an already open file

12. Opening text file in a text box using common dialog