Getting access to Outlook webb access with vbscript
Author Message
 Getting access to Outlook webb access with vbscript

I'm a newbie in scripting and have no idea how to solve the following
problem:

On one machine I've got an IIS (W2K) on wich a portal (writen in ASP) is
hosted.
On a second machine I've got an Exchange Server 2000.

To login the portal you need User and a Password, they should be the same
like your acount on the E2K.

Now the user should be able to login the portal over the internet and after
that to login his exchange account with Outlook Web Access without
identifying hisself a second time.

My Idea is to set the ServerVariables AUTH_USER, AUTH_PASSWORD and AUTH_TYPE
on the IIS, so that the active directory idntifies the user as a known user
a he gets access to his account.

Other possibility: the E2K gets the HTTP_AUTHORIZATION. But how to create
the variable so that the server accept it? (I think that the value of this
variable should coded)....

You see that I'm a beginner, so please excuse me when the question is
stupid.
Is there a way to solve my problem.

Thank you and greetings
J?rg

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting access to Outlook webb access with vbscript
CDO

http://msdn.microsoft.com

Quote:
> I'm a newbie in scripting and have no idea how to solve the following
> problem:

> On one machine I've got an IIS (W2K) on wich a portal (writen in ASP) is
> hosted.
> On a second machine I've got an Exchange Server 2000.

> To login the portal you need User and a Password, they should be the same
> like your acount on the E2K.

> Now the user should be able to login the portal over the internet and
after
> that to login his exchange account with Outlook Web Access without
> identifying hisself a second time.

> My Idea is to set the ServerVariables AUTH_USER, AUTH_PASSWORD and
AUTH_TYPE
> on the IIS, so that the active directory idntifies the user as a known
user
> a he gets access to his account.

> Other possibility: the E2K gets the HTTP_AUTHORIZATION. But how to create
> the variable so that the server accept it? (I think that the value of this
> variable should coded)....

> You see that I'm a beginner, so please excuse me when the question is
> stupid.
> Is there a way to solve my problem.

> Thank you and greetings
> J?rg

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting access to Outlook webb access with vbscript

Jorg:

Your question certainly isn't stupid. Are your users going to be hitting the
portal with non-IE browsers? If IE is the only browser you need to support,
you could explore using NTLM to protect your portal, which would force
external users (outside your intranet) to logon using their normal network
login, and their credentials would then allow them to hit Exchange, too, I
believe. Just another angle.

Regards,

Bret Hern

Quote:
> I'm a newbie in scripting and have no idea how to solve the following
> problem:

> On one machine I've got an IIS (W2K) on wich a portal (writen in ASP) is
> hosted.
> On a second machine I've got an Exchange Server 2000.

> To login the portal you need User and a Password, they should be the same
> like your acount on the E2K.

> Now the user should be able to login the portal over the internet and
after
> that to login his exchange account with Outlook Web Access without
> identifying hisself a second time.

> My Idea is to set the ServerVariables AUTH_USER, AUTH_PASSWORD and
AUTH_TYPE
> on the IIS, so that the active directory idntifies the user as a known
user
> a he gets access to his account.

> Other possibility: the E2K gets the HTTP_AUTHORIZATION. But how to create
> the variable so that the server accept it? (I think that the value of this
> variable should coded)....

> You see that I'm a beginner, so please excuse me when the question is
> stupid.
> Is there a way to solve my problem.

> Thank you and greetings
> J?rg

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Outlook VBScript code to access recipient properties

2. Using vbscript/asp to access OUTLOOK information

3. Deleting Entries in Access with VBScript in an Outlook form

4. Accessing Recursive Folders in VBScript under outlook

5. Can you Access an Access database using VBScript

6. using VBscript to access Access database in public folder

7. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

8. Accessing MS Access application properties within VBScript

9. Accessing Access from client with VBScript

10. Accessing Access with VBScript Tutorial

11. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

12. Getting Outlook To Send from Access