Returning recordsets with Stored Procedures: Possible?
Author Message
 Returning recordsets with Stored Procedures: Possible?

Is it possible to call a stored procedure on a SQL Server and return a
result set?  If so, how do I get a handle to this result set to use it like
a normal recordset?

Thanks,

Jeff

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Returning recordsets with Stored Procedures: Possible?
Call the stored procedure in exactly the same manner that you would call a
normal SQL query i.e.

myRecSetObj.Open( sqlQuery )

Quote:

>Is it possible to call a stored procedure on a SQL Server and return a
>result set?  If so, how do I get a handle to this result set to use it like
>a normal recordset?

>Thanks,

>Jeff

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Recordsets not returned from stored procedures

2. ado recordsets from stored procedures, stored procedures have input parameters

3. Return recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure to VB.

4. Sql server stored procedures not returning a recordset...?

5. Using SQL2000, returning an XML document (string) instead of a recordset, from a stored procedure

6. ADO or DataEnvironment COMMAND Using Store procedure can't return recordset

7. Returning keyset/dynamic recordsets when executing parameterized queries against Stored Procedures

8. How to return a recordset from a stored procedure

9. Returning Recordset With Oracle Stored Procedure?

10. HELP!: RecordSets, return values, Stored Procedures, in VB, SQL6.5

11. How to return recordset from stored procedure w/ODBCDirect

12. Return Recordset From Stored Procedure to VB