How do I get rid of the message asking to repost data when refreshing?!
Author Message
 How do I get rid of the message asking to repost data when refreshing?!

Dear All,

How do I remove the message that the browser pops up when I do:

    self.opener.location.reload()

The work around I have at the moment is to grab the URL or the page
(including querystring) and load the same page back into it. A much tidier
solution would be to simply reload the page using the code above, but with
no alert would be great.

NB This is for the browser IE5.0 (our client's can't upgrade due to ActiveX
controls issue).

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:28:08 GMT
 How do I get rid of the message asking to repost data when refreshing?!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 How do I get rid of the message asking to repost data when refreshing?!
Dear All,

When I close a pop-up window, I am trying to get it to refresh it's parent.

How do I remove the message that the browser pops up when I do:

self.opener.location.reload()

The reason I get an alert is that previously a form was posted to the page,
therefore, when I try and reload it it pops up with the alert along the
lines of "Do you want to repost the data to this page" type of thing.

The form was posted using GET. Therefore, the work around I have at the
moment is to grab the URL or the page (including querystring) and load the
same page back into it. A much tidier solution would be to simply reload the
page using the code above, but with no alert would be great.

NB This is for the browser IE5.0 (our client's can't upgrade due to ActiveX
controls issue).

I'm actually using client-side VBScript, but I assume if it can be done in
JavaScript then it can be done in VBScript.

As it is a different window that it is trying to refresh it, is it something
to do with permissions perhaps?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 08:00:20 GMT

1. refresh and repost form data

2. Getting rid of messages

3. getting rid of spaces btween my data in one field

4. Refresh report data with Error message

5. Repost: FAQ: (1/95) comp.lang.basic.visual.* General Frequently Asked Questions

6. Repost: Graphics and Word, can it be done?

7. Repost: Sendmessage - what am I doing wrong?

8. Getting error message when using SQL for data source in ADOC

9. Get rid of message when closing browser window

10. Item won't delete, but I got rid of my error message

11. form repost right mouse click-refresh

12. Repost: Datagrid refresh brings form to front