"Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
Author Message
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false

Hello,
sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i think
that i'd better post once again..

1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
<% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the time!

I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
 Can any one explain/help me , please.
 thank you very much.

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
Try declaring the variable in session_onstart of the global.asa. It might
work. Atleast it did for me

Good Luck!

Quote:

> Hello,
> sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i
think
> that i'd better post once again..

> 1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
> <% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
> session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
> 2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the
time!

> I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
> reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
>  Can any one explain/help me , please.
>  thank you very much.

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
ofcourse the method is "post", didnt you see i defined
session("passed")=request.form("blabla")?

Long shot, but what method are you using to submit the form?  Get and Post
require different Request.?????? syntax:

<form method=POST></form>  needs Request.Form("hdnPass")

<form method=GET></form> needs Request.QueryString("hdnPass")

Quote:

>Hello,
>sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i think
>that i'd better post once again..

>1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
><% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
>session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
>2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the time!

>I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
>reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
> Can any one explain/help me , please.
> thank you very much.

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
thanks for your reply..
I already fired the session variable in the global.asa page, but it's not
work. Btw, i use it in a frame, so can be frame affects the sessions?

Try declaring the variable in session_onstart of the global.asa. It might
work. Atleast it did for me

Good Luck!

Quote:

> Hello,
> sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i
think
> that i'd better post once again..

> 1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
> <% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
> session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
> 2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the
time!

> I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
> reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
>  Can any one explain/help me , please.
>  thank you very much.

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
Try setting the session timeout to a declared time limit such as

session.timeout = 8 * 60

--
PJB Consulting
Website Development & Design

Quote:

> Hello,
> sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i think
> that i'd better post once again..

> 1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
> <% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
> session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
> 2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the time!

> I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
> reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
>  Can any one explain/help me , please.
>  thank you very much.

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
Long shot, but what method are you using to submit the form?  Get and Post
require different Request.?????? syntax:

<form method=POST></form>  needs Request.Form("hdnPass")

<form method=GET></form> needs Request.QueryString("hdnPass")

Quote:

>Hello,
>sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i think
>that i'd better post once again..

>1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
><% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
>session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
>2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the time!

>I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
>reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
> Can any one explain/help me , please.
> thank you very much.

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false
Sorry, I did it again and it works now; for a session defined in the
global.asa file, it doesnt disappear after refreshing page!
But still i have a problem here (-;
 that is for some sessions we just create during *runtime*, i mean they are
fired as user event-driven so how to keep these sessions fired as in
global.asa ?

Try declaring the variable in session_onstart of the global.asa. It might
work. Atleast it did for me

Good Luck!

Quote:

> Hello,
> sorry, I posted this question but didnt find out how to do yet..So i
think
> that i'd better post once again..

> 1. I have a page2.asp that has a session variable  defined as following
> <% if request.form("hdnPass")<>"" then
> session("passed")=request.form("hdnPass")%>
> 2. Whenever i reload/refresh page2.asp, session("passed")="" all the
time!

> I want the session("passed") remains how many times the user clicks
> reload/refresh (of course, it cannot exceed the timeout value..)
>  Can any one explain/help me , please.
>  thank you very much.

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error : "User Session Expired"

2. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

3. node.text = val: true gets "-1", false gets "0" at setting node text

4. Session("Variable") as Array ...ASP

5. txt.Span " ,;:.?!", True, True

6. "False or non-zero" or "False or zero"?

7. onClick="return false;"

8. Help needed with RunAddon, "Database Refresh Shape", auto refresh

9. How to use "unload form", "form.hide", "form.visible =false "?

10. How to use "unload form", "form.hide", "form.visible =false "?

11. How to use "unload form", "form.hide", "form.visible =false "?

12. IsNumeric("0d132") Returns True