Don't Know who else to ask.
Author Message
 Don't Know who else to ask.

Okay, I ask to ask the group a question as I don't know where to find out
the info.

I just got an e-mail saying they are doing for a survey for Microsoft from
Vividence.  They offer a $10 gift certificate from Amazon to take the
survey.  Does anyone know if this is genuine?  I don't even know how to
contact someone from Microsoft to see if this is genuine.  I don't know if I
should forward my e-mail to someone at Microsoft.  Or is this really genuine
(although I assume it is not).

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 01:21:58 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
Ask yourself if Microsoft would e-mail YOU and offer you money.

Ray at work

Quote:
> Okay, I ask to ask the group a question as I don't know where to find out
> the info.

> I just got an e-mail saying they are doing for a survey for Microsoft from
> Vividence.  They offer a $10 gift certificate from Amazon to take the
> survey.  Does anyone know if this is genuine?  I don't even know how to
> contact someone from Microsoft to see if this is genuine.  I don't know if
> should forward my e-mail to someone at Microsoft.  Or is this really
genuine
> (although I assume it is not).

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:19:20 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
Vividence is legit, though their surveys can be awfully long for $10. I
don't know about any current MS related surveys but Microsoft has been a
client of theirs, yes.

Quote:
> Okay, I ask to ask the group a question as I don't know where to find out
> the info.

> I just got an e-mail saying they are doing for a survey for Microsoft from
> Vividence.  They offer a $10 gift certificate from Amazon to take the
> survey.  Does anyone know if this is genuine?  I don't even know how to
> contact someone from Microsoft to see if this is genuine.  I don't know if
> should forward my e-mail to someone at Microsoft.  Or is this really
genuine
> (although I assume it is not).

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:20:06 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
well I know not to open the e-mails i get from "microsoft" with the
cumulative patches.  I know they are viruses (or something equally as bad).

I am always the skeptic about these things so I was more just curious.  I
don't really care about the ten dollars.  Just wanted to know if I should
filter any e-mail from Vividence for my organization.

Quote:
> Ask yourself if Microsoft would e-mail YOU and offer you money.

> Ray at work

> > Okay, I ask to ask the group a question as I don't know where to find
out
> > the info.

> > I just got an e-mail saying they are doing for a survey for Microsoft
from
> > Vividence.  They offer a $10 gift certificate from Amazon to take the
> > survey.  Does anyone know if this is genuine?  I don't even know how to
> > contact someone from Microsoft to see if this is genuine.  I don't know
if
> > should forward my e-mail to someone at Microsoft.  Or is this really
> genuine
> > (although I assume it is not).

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:40:39 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
I find Paul's reply interesting.  See, probably 1 in every 10,000 of these
things is legitimate, but since people like me have become so
overly-skeptical, if any truth ever comes to me, I won't believe it.  Damn
spam!!

Ray at work

Quote:
> well I know not to open the e-mails i get from "microsoft" with the
> cumulative patches.  I know they are viruses (or something equally as
bad).

> I am always the skeptic about these things so I was more just curious.  I
> don't really care about the ten dollars.  Just wanted to know if I should
> filter any e-mail from Vividence for my organization.

> > Ask yourself if Microsoft would e-mail YOU and offer you money.

> > Ray at work

> > > Okay, I ask to ask the group a question as I don't know where to find
> out
> > > the info.

> > > I just got an e-mail saying they are doing for a survey for Microsoft
> from
> > > Vividence.  They offer a $10 gift certificate from Amazon to take the
> > > survey.  Does anyone know if this is genuine?  I don't even know how
> > > contact someone from Microsoft to see if this is genuine.  I don't
know
> if
> > > should forward my e-mail to someone at Microsoft.  Or is this really
> > genuine
> > > (although I assume it is not).

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:46:37 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
amen to that.  Who knows nowadays.  And unfortunetely I get a lot of spam
due to the newsgroups.  I never got any until the newsgroups.  But I want to
have my e-mail address there because sometimes people from the newgroups
will e-mail me off the list (I assume when they feel like they will sound
stupid asking the whole group)

Quote:
> I find Paul's reply interesting.  See, probably 1 in every 10,000 of these
> things is legitimate, but since people like me have become so
> overly-skeptical, if any truth ever comes to me, I won't believe it.  Damn
> spam!!

> Ray at work

> > well I know not to open the e-mails i get from "microsoft" with the
> > cumulative patches.  I know they are viruses (or something equally as
> bad).

> > I am always the skeptic about these things so I was more just curious.
> > don't really care about the ten dollars.  Just wanted to know if I
should
> > filter any e-mail from Vividence for my organization.

> > > Ask yourself if Microsoft would e-mail YOU and offer you money.

> > > Ray at work

> > out

Microsoft
> > from
> know
> > if
> > > genuine

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:01:43 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
I also learned the hard way about the spam from newsgroups.  People suck.
If I were more clever, I'd come up with something like other people to mask

have a signature that says "Remove my panties to e-mail me."  That's
probably my favorite one, but I forget who that is.

Ray at work

Quote:
> amen to that.  Who knows nowadays.  And unfortunetely I get a lot of spam
> due to the newsgroups.  I never got any until the newsgroups.  But I want
> have my e-mail address there because sometimes people from the newgroups
> will e-mail me off the list (I assume when they feel like they will sound
> stupid asking the whole group)

> > I find Paul's reply interesting.  See, probably 1 in every 10,000 of
these
> > things is legitimate, but since people like me have become so
> > overly-skeptical, if any truth ever comes to me, I won't believe it.
Damn
> > spam!!

> > Ray at work

> > > well I know not to open the e-mails i get from "microsoft" with the
> > > cumulative patches.  I know they are viruses (or something equally as
> > bad).

> > > I am always the skeptic about these things so I was more just curious.
> > > don't really care about the ten dollars.  Just wanted to know if I
> should
> > > filter any e-mail from Vividence for my organization.

> find
> > > out

> Microsoft
> > > from
> the
> > know
> > > if

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:07:32 GMT
 Don't Know who else to ask.
hahaha I like that one.  Maybe I will do that.  I guess I could also aways
just put my e-mail in a signature but use a fake for my e-mail address.

Quote:
> I also learned the hard way about the spam from newsgroups.  People suck.
> If I were more clever, I'd come up with something like other people to
mask

> have a signature that says "Remove my panties to e-mail me."  That's
> probably my favorite one, but I forget who that is.

> Ray at work

> > amen to that.  Who knows nowadays.  And unfortunetely I get a lot of
spam
> > due to the newsgroups.  I never got any until the newsgroups.  But I
want
> > have my e-mail address there because sometimes people from the newgroups
> > will e-mail me off the list (I assume when they feel like they will
sound
> > stupid asking the whole group)

> > > I find Paul's reply interesting.  See, probably 1 in every 10,000 of
> these
> > > things is legitimate, but since people like me have become so
> > > overly-skeptical, if any truth ever comes to me, I won't believe it.
> Damn
> > > spam!!

> > > Ray at work

> > > bad).

> > should

> > find

> > Microsoft
> > the
> how
> > > know
> really

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:38:40 GMT

1. Don't ask for Parameters!!

2. Help-don't know what i'm missing

3. Don't know if i'm in the right newsgroup

4. not exactely scripting but don't know where else

5. syntax error but don't know where

6. Don't know y not work

7. I *KNOW* I can't be the first to ask this

8. Don't Know How to Publicly Declare Variable

9. Microsoft Windows 95 don't know calculation

10. Migration to VS 2003 worked though I don't know why

11. Don't tell me no one knows the answer

12. does anybody know why this code don't work