copy files to c:\winnt\system32
Author Message
 copy files to c:\winnt\system32

whenever I try to do this it doesn't work, I get permission denied.  Any one
have any idea why I can copy to the c:\ directory but not c:\winnt\system32
... what's special about the system folder?

Ryan

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:10:52 GMT
 copy files to c:\winnt\system32
Are you a local administrator of that machine? If not, then you are being
protected from possibly trashing operating system files.

Quote:
> whenever I try to do this it doesn't work, I get permission denied.  Any
one
> have any idea why I can copy to the c:\ directory but not
c:\winnt\system32
> ... what's special about the system folder?

> Ryan

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:11:34 GMT

1. WinNT 4.0 - Error registering the OCX C:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx

2. CreateObject always starts in WINNT\system32?

3. : C:\WINNT\System32\scrrun.dll deleted !

4. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

5. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

6. cannot copy comdlg32 to system32

7. Find a copy a file with File.Copy method

8. Copy multiple files and checking if all files are copied

9. --- copying a PostSctipt file with the DOS COPY command

10. Copy a file in a folder and past the copy in another folder

11. Copy to file with new name...Copy() and CopyFile() inadequate

12. 'c:\WINNT\system32\Comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded