Personal Web Server and ASP
Author Message
 Personal Web Server and ASP

I'm developing an ASP application locally (till they get the real web
server set up) and I'm using MS Personal Web Server. I'm having a
problem with the global.asa file. It seems to run the
Application_OnStart event just fine, but seems to ignore the
Session_OnStart event altogether.

Any ideas?
-JC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Personal Web Server and ASP

Without your global.asa it's hard to tell. It should be formatted like this;

-----------global.asa begins-------------
<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=MyInfo PROGID="MSWC.MyInfo">
</OBJECT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>
SUB Session_OnStart
  Session("yourvariable") = whatever
END SUB
</SCRIPT>
-----------global.asa ends-------------

Hope this helps

Henrik Ohm

Quote:

> I'm developing an ASP application locally (till they get the real web
> server set up) and I'm using MS Personal Web Server. I'm having a
> problem with the global.asa file. It seems to run the
> Application_OnStart event just fine, but seems to ignore the
> Session_OnStart event altogether.

> Any ideas?
> -JC

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ASP works on Personal Web Server, but not on remote server

2. asp pages w/personal web server???

3. Server side pages on Personal Web Server

4. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

5. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

6. Global.asa on Personal Web Server

7. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

8. remote scripting and personal web server

9. Personal Web Server

10. Need help with personal Web server

11. Personal Web Server

12. ADSI compatible with Personal Web Server?