SQL Server View and union
Author Message
 SQL Server View and union

I have a problem with duplicates in my databases. They are used for internet
pages, the data comes from customers and I connect to a view with an asp
page. The data is from a fox pro custom app, the data is inserted via a asp
page so I don't have control until after the data has arrived in a flat
file.

Not sure where to start, I am a beginner with SQL Server but need to learn.
It seems to have a lot of thing going for it over access.The first I really
like is the backup safeguards and roll backs but any way.

The code below is what I use for the view, not sure how to work a union into
the code

Thank you very much.
If you could watch for me the next couple weeks I will be pushing to get
this first app done and any help would be of great value for me

CREATE VIEW dbo.BaytownView
AS
SELECT Baytown.CompanyName, Baytown.ContactName,
    Baytown.Address, Baytown.Address2, Baytown.City,
    Baytown.State, Baytown.ZipCode, Baytown.ACPhone,
    Baytown.Phone1, Baytown.ACFax, Baytown.Fax1,
    Baytown.Email, Baytown.Web, Baytown.Category,
    CompanyWebsBaytown.Ad,
    CompanyWebsBaytown.ContactNameHTML,
    CompanyWebsBaytown.CompanyNameHTML
FROM Baytown LEFT OUTER JOIN
    CompanyWebsBaytown ON
    Baytown.CompanyName = CompanyWebsBaytown.CompanyName
     AND
    Baytown.ContactName = CompanyWebsBaytown.ContactName

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:47:57 GMT
 SQL Server View and union
For Sql questions, I suggest you subscribe to these two newsgroups:

microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming
microsoft.public.sqlserver.server

I recommend that you supply all the necessary DDL to create the tables
that you refer to in your question(s). I don't really understand what
question you're asking in your message. You refer to a duplicates
problem, then go on to ask about unions - the relationship between
duplicates and unions escapes me.

--
Paul Thornett

Help fight Alzheimer's, Cystic Fibrosis and Mad Cow Disease
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/Cosm/

Quote:
> I have a problem with duplicates in my databases. They are used for
internet
> pages, the data comes from customers and I connect to a view with an
asp
> page. The data is from a fox pro custom app, the data is inserted
via a asp
> page so I don't have control until after the data has arrived in a
flat
> file.

> Not sure where to start, I am a beginner with SQL Server but need to
learn.
> It seems to have a lot of thing going for it over access.The first I
really
> like is the backup safeguards and roll backs but any way.

> The code below is what I use for the view, not sure how to work a
union into
> the code

> Thank you very much.
> If you could watch for me the next couple weeks I will be pushing to
get
> this first app done and any help would be of great value for me

> CREATE VIEW dbo.BaytownView
> AS
> SELECT Baytown.CompanyName, Baytown.ContactName,
>     Baytown.Address, Baytown.Address2, Baytown.City,
>     Baytown.State, Baytown.ZipCode, Baytown.ACPhone,
>     Baytown.Phone1, Baytown.ACFax, Baytown.Fax1,
>     Baytown.Email, Baytown.Web, Baytown.Category,
>     CompanyWebsBaytown.Ad,
>     CompanyWebsBaytown.ContactNameHTML,
>     CompanyWebsBaytown.CompanyNameHTML
> FROM Baytown LEFT OUTER JOIN
>     CompanyWebsBaytown ON
>     Baytown.CompanyName = CompanyWebsBaytown.CompanyName
>      AND
>     Baytown.ContactName = CompanyWebsBaytown.ContactName

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:22:02 GMT

1. Extracting SQL Statements from Views - SQL Server

2. Accessing a View on SQL Server from an ASP

3. view image on the SQL server

4. Viewing a SQL Server image field in Access 97

5. Attaching updateable SQL Server views in code

6. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

7. Question about VIEWS on SQL-Server

8. Using TreeView OCX for SQL Server Views ?

9. Deleting a SQL Server View from within VB5.

10. Creating a Pseudo Index on a Sql Server View

11. VB and SQL Server View Update

12. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment