detecting QuickTime plug-in
Author Message
 detecting QuickTime plug-in

I am looking for a way of detecting whether user has QuickTime software
installed for playing back video in IE. In Netscape you can just loop
through navigator.plugins  but this object is not supported by IE. Is there
an alternative way using Javascript?

If not, I use this VBScript for detecting Flash:

 var Flashmode
  FlashMode = IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3"))
 If FlashMode = False Then
  FlashMode = IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4"))
 End If

Can the same be done for QuickTime?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBScript to detect QuickTime plug-in for IE?

2. Using VBScript to detect QuickTime plugin

3. URGENT NEED! How to detect QuickTime plug-in from within IE ?

4. QuickTime Plug-in check(IE)?

5. QuickTime plugin object detection

6. QuickTime Plug-in check(IE)?

7. QuickTime Plug-in check(IE)?

8. Detecting QuickTime in IE

9. How do you detect QuickTime in IE?

10. Detecting Quicktime version number

11. detect if java plugin is installed AND activated for IE

12. detecting installed mimetype or plugin