Access to an Access database through Netscape Browser
Author Message
 Access to an Access database through Netscape Browser

I have been tasked with developing a web interface to a MS Access
Database.  The only requirements are that the database has to be an
Access DB and the browser has to be Netscape Navigator 4.0.  I am
going to have to teach myself how to do this.  Are there any pitfalls
that I need to be aware of?  I planned on setting up an IIS web
server, but will take any recommendations.  My background is VB and
C++ programming with minimal web page design.  I have Visual Studio
6.0 on my machine and plan to use the Visual Interdev product and
possibly Visual J++ due to the Navigator requirement.

Rick Huebner, MCSE

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access to an Access database through Netscape Browser

Quote:

>I have been tasked with developing a web interface to a MS Access
>Database.  The only requirements are that the database has to be an
>Access DB and the browser has to be Netscape Navigator 4.0.  I am
>going to have to teach myself how to do this.  Are there any pitfalls
>that I need to be aware of?  I planned on setting up an IIS web
>server, but will take any recommendations.  My background is VB and
>C++ programming with minimal web page design.  I have Visual Studio
>6.0 on my machine and plan to use the Visual Interdev product and
>possibly Visual J++ due to the Navigator requirement.

>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Rick,

Take a look at http://www.activeserverpages.com . They have a pretty good
section on accessing databases using ASP on IIS. You might not need Visual
J++, depending on the requirements for the interface. Using ASP, you can
make your pages browser-neutral.

Hope this helps,

Christopher Bradford
Member, Team Allaire
Alive! Online Web Development & Consulting

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access to an Access database through Netscape Browser
I agree... ASP is all server side development... what gets sent to the browser
is plain old HTML... so if you keep your HTML Netscape compliant then you will
not run into problems... The only limitation is that you will not be able to
run VBScript code on the client side... which is fine because most tasks can be
handle with javascript... or if you want JAVA...

Good luck!

Miguel

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access to an Access database through Netscape Browser

2. access SQL database through netscape browser in NT

3. Access on a MS-Access-database with an ADO-Object in Jscript

4. Accessing an Access Database throught the internet (NT4+IIS4), IDC and stuff

5. Can you Access an Access database using VBScript

6. How do I access an Access database (.dbf) using ODBC

7. using VBscript to access Access database in public folder

8. How to access to a MS ACCESS database?

9. Access database access

10. Accessing Access database

11. Accessing an access database

12. Trouble accessing an Access database from web