How to debug ASP pages
Author Message
 How to debug ASP pages

Hi all,

I'm programming ASP pages with vbs, I would like to use
debug in my pages step by step. I checked the
option "Enable ASP server side script debugging" in IIS,
but my page don't stop, it processes normaly like if this
option ins't selected. I'm using Windows XP Professional.
Can ne1 help me ?

Thanks All,

Paulo Moreira

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:00:00 GMT
 How to debug ASP pages

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm programming ASP pages with vbs, I would like to use
> debug in my pages step by step. I checked the
> option "Enable ASP server side script debugging" in IIS,
> but my page don't stop, it processes normaly like if this
> option ins't selected. I'm using Windows XP Professional.
> Can ne1 help me ?

Put a Stop statement at the point in the server side script where you want
to start the de{*filter*}.  Just enabling server side script debugging doesn't
make every page load in the de{*filter*}.  You also need to be logged on the the
same box as IIS when you run the browser.

As a side note, I've had problems on some W2K boxes where I can't debug
unless I use "Application Protection" set to "High (Isolated)" and on others
"Low (IIS Process)" and "Medium (Pooled)" worked OK.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:05:24 GMT

1. can't debug ASP pages

2. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

3. unable to debug asp.net pages

4. ASP pages, slow, lack of debugging support - SOLUTION

5. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

6. Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page

7. Debugging VB6 dll for ASP page

8. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

9. Debugging VB controls from ASP Pages.

10. Debug Problem connecting between ASP pages on website and VB DLL

11. turning on "Debugging" for ASP pages

12. Debugging an ASP page