Computers from OU and then IP of those computers
Author Message
 Computers from OU and then IP of those computers

How would you grab computer object names and the IP Addresses of those
computers from a particular OU in Active Directory so that it could be used
to parse the computer objects to other OU's.?
CN=COMPUTER,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM

Any thoughts?

Rob

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 04:56:22 GMT
 Computers from OU and then IP of those computers
Same here.

You have "Active Directory" and double premier the word 'OU' on wsh.

Do you want anyone just throw the same to your organizational unit.

The 'fact' that you read pages 407 to 409 in your Programmer's Coloring Book
doesnt means anyone understand it.

Hello, the world is not flat anymore.

Quote:
> How would you grab computer object names and the IP Addresses of those
> computers from a particular OU in Active Directory so that it could be
used
> to parse the computer objects to other OU's.?
> CN=COMPUTER,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM

> Any thoughts?

> Rob

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:20:09 GMT
 Computers from OU and then IP of those computers
You could do an LDAP query for all objects of the computer class in the
particular OU
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...
i/searching_with_activex_data_objects_ado.asp) and then check out the
NetAddresses property of the IADsComputer object
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...
i/iadscomputer_property_methods.asp)

Jamie M Vachon
[MVP ADSI]

> How would you grab computer object names and the IP Addresses of those
> computers from a particular OU in Active Directory so that it could be
used
> to parse the computer objects to other OU's.?
> CN=COMPUTER,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM

> Any thoughts?

> Rob

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:06:43 GMT

1. Computers from OU and then IP of those computers

2. Get computer name and IP from remote computer

3. Ghost Sysprep XP add computer to domain inside OU

4. Add Computer Objects to Particular OU?

5. Adding Computer Objects to Particular OU

6. Determining which OU a Computer Belongs to at Logon

7. Returning OU based on Computer object

8. Locating a Computers Organizational Unit (OU)

9. Local IP & IP of computer that access to my computer

10. Change my computer icon to show computer name.

11. Returning Computer Name based on Computer Descipription

12. computer to computer communications