How to Auto Run a Cab File Packaged as an .exe
Author Message
 How to Auto Run a Cab File Packaged as an .exe

Hi All,

I want to run a cab file with out the use of the object tag it would install
files need by the control which comes with different kinds of files to
support it, since the control is already registered on the client machine I
can't use the CodeBase attribute of the Object Tag, so I packaged the needed
files using Package for the web utility, and using a VBScript scanned for
installed files on user's sysdir, if files do not exist , I want to initiate
the installation process from within the script without user
interference,(Make silent installation) even thought user still must deal
with installation process after initiating.

Thanks in advance.
Yasser

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to auto start a cab file packaged as an exe from script

2. Package/CAB files VERY SLOW

3. How to create and use a .cab file for packaged DLL's

4. xxx.ocx does not match registry VB6 cab file package setup

5. auto-executing cab-files

6. VB5 to create cab file and extract files from cab

7. CAB file wz10en.exe is corrupt

8. CreateProcess() error when running setup.exe created with the Package and Deployment Wizard

9. help auto authenticode signing .cabs & .exes

10. Running a cab file

11. This mdac_typ.exe file in my Package

12. exe files / package wizard......?