dumb question - fundamentals of client-side vs server-side vbscript
Author Message
 dumb question - fundamentals of client-side vs server-side vbscript

Can someone tell me what are the basic differences between client-side
and server-side scripting?  (other than the obvious, ie. one runs on
the client the other on the server?).  Are there syntactical
differences?  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks...

If possible please copy reply via e-mail, thanks.

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dumb question - fundamentals of client-side vs server-side vbscript
one runs on the client the other on the server

Quote:
> Are there syntactical differences?

No.

In addition to these two points certain objects are available on the server
that are not on the client and the server does not have security issues when
creating COM objects.

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLLs -- server-side vs client-side

2. ADO-Access2000: Server-side vs Client-side cursor

3. server side (adUseServer) vs client side (adUseClient)

4. ?client-side vs server-side cursors

5. Client side VS server side

6. Client side VS server side..

7. Server-Side vs Client-Side script

8. Using Server side Vs OnClick Client side

9. Client-Side vs Server-side ASP/JScript

10. Client-side VBScript and Server-side VBScript?

11. attached Contact Item on server-side becomes attached Mail Item on client-side

12. How Can I Pass Data Between the Server Side and the Client Side VB/JScript