properties-menu.
My intention is to open a file with
a player embedded in HTML;
I encoded the video in several dif-
ferent codecs, I detect what player
version is installed 5.2, 6.0, 6.4, 7.0
and then choose the appropriate
videofile...
with some combination of player-versions
and platform-security-settings the user is
prompted to download codecs;
Unfortunately I must avoid this (usefull)
popup; so I thought of simply detect what
codec will be supported without upgrading.
Since playerdetection in windows is done
by using VBScript, I assume the codec-
detection is accomplished in a similar way,
but I couldn't find a solution by means of
DEJANEWS - any suggestions for:

1. detecting the codecs allready installed
2. avoiding any kind of upgrading (video
should then simply not play)

thx a lot

Jrgen Riemer

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:40:43 GMT

1. Windows ACM Codec / MPEG ACM Codec

2. Installing a CODEC

3. Detecting if .NET Framework is installed prior to installing application

4. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

5. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

6. How to detect, that item is locked (avoid version conflict)

7. Avoiding reboot when installing ActiveX control

8. Avoiding reboot when installing ActiveX control

9. How to avoid installing Oracle client?

10. Scripted install/upgrade

11. Installing/upgrading WSH

12. Scripted install/upgrade