losing events in modal dialogs 
Author Message
 losing events in modal dialogs

I have a modal dialog that I dynamically add input boxes to
 using createElement and appendchild methods.
The text boxes are visible and appear to be treated as part
of the DOM, however I can get no events for these text
boxes to fire, in particularly the OnFocus event or the
onClick event.

Is this a none problem with modal dialogs?



Fri, 20 May 2005 23:26:08 GMT  
 losing events in modal dialogs
Are you using showModalDialog method?

--
Have a nice day.

Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea


Quote:
> I have a modal dialog that I dynamically add input boxes to
>  using createElement and appendchild methods.
> The text boxes are visible and appear to be treated as part
> of the DOM, however I can get no events for these text
> boxes to fire, in particularly the OnFocus event or the
> onClick event.

> Is this a none problem with modal dialogs?



Sat, 21 May 2005 09:39:53 GMT  
 losing events in modal dialogs
yes

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Are you using showModalDialog method?

>--
>Have a nice day.

>Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea



>> I have a modal dialog that I dynamically add input boxes
to
>>  using createElement and appendchild methods.
>> The text boxes are visible and appear to be treated as
part
>> of the DOM, however I can get no events for these text
>> boxes to fire, in particularly the OnFocus event or the
>> onClick event.

>> Is this a none problem with modal dialogs?

>.



Sat, 21 May 2005 17:03:50 GMT  
 losing events in modal dialogs
Then you may not get event from the callee in the caller-side because the
callee is modal. However some event codes within callee should work. If you
compose the callee dynamically, you may want getRef function to assign event
actions to interested events.

--
Have a nice day.

Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea


Quote:
> yes

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Are you using showModalDialog method?

> >--
> >Have a nice day.

> >Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea



> >> I have a modal dialog that I dynamically add input boxes
> to
> >>  using createElement and appendchild methods.
> >> The text boxes are visible and appear to be treated as
> part
> >> of the DOM, however I can get no events for these text
> >> boxes to fire, in particularly the OnFocus event or the
> >> onClick event.

> >> Is this a none problem with modal dialogs?

> >.



Sat, 21 May 2005 19:24:51 GMT  
 losing events in modal dialogs
Thanks for that, I haven't come accross the getRef function
before.

It works fine if I call it straight after adding the
textbox to the page.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Then you may not get event from the callee in the

caller-side because the
Quote:
>callee is modal. However some event codes within callee
should work. If you
>compose the callee dynamically, you may want getRef

function to assign event
Quote:
>actions to interested events.

>--
>Have a nice day.

>Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea



>> yes

>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Are you using showModalDialog method?

>> >--
>> >Have a nice day.

>> >Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea



>> >> I have a modal dialog that I dynamically add input
boxes
>> to
>> >>  using createElement and appendchild methods.
>> >> The text boxes are visible and appear to be treated
as
>> part
>> >> of the DOM, however I can get no events for these
text
>> >> boxes to fire, in particularly the OnFocus event or
the
>> >> onClick event.

>> >> Is this a none problem with modal dialogs?

>> >.

>.



Sat, 21 May 2005 20:24:29 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Connection Point Events Lost When Modal Dialog Open

2. Modal Dialogs and Arrays as Dialog Arguments

3. Posting a form from a modal dialog to a IFRAME in the Dialog

4. Dialog Boxes - Application Modal vs. System Modal

5. closing chains of modal dialogs... - modal [1/1]

6. Detecting whether a form is MODAL or NON MODAL - Causing event to fire

7. Modal dialogs and a control with a dialog

8. checking for click event during lost focus event

9. Form close event occurs before lost focus event

10. Modal Form gets lost after a Hide/Show

11. Problem with draw order after calling modal a modal from from a modal form

12. modal , no modal and NO NO modal window

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software