Calling a MS-DOS Command inside a Sub
Author Message
 Calling a MS-DOS Command inside a Sub

Can we call a MS-DOS Command (for example  myFile.exe ) inside a
Sub?  For example

Sub mySub
 call myFile.exe
End Sub

Thanks.
Mahmoud

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a MS-DOS Command inside a Sub
Can we call a MS-DOS Command (for example  myFile.exe ) inside a
Sub?  For example

Sub mySub
 call myFile.exe
End Sub

Thanks.
Mahmoud

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a MS-DOS Command inside a Sub
After digging some web sites, I found my answer:

Sub mySub
 shellReturnValue = Shell("myFile.exe")
End Sub

Which executes myFile.exe asynchronously.  Now the question is that
how can I execute myFile.exe synchronously? Thanks.

Mahmoud
======================

Quote:

> Can we call a MS-DOS Command (for example  myFile.exe ) inside a
> Sub?  For example

> Sub mySub
>  call myFile.exe
> End Sub

> Thanks.
> Mahmoud

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I want to call a ms-dos command

2. HOWTO: Call JavaScript function from inside a VBScript Sub

3. Text File Save Sub -- Can't call from inside a Select Case

4. calling a sub inside a usercontrol from a module

5. calling a sub inside a usercontrol from a module

6. calling a sub inside a usercontrol from a module

7. Run a DOS command and Get output of a DOS command in VB5

8. Local function/sub inside function/sub

9. Where is my MS-DOS command prompt?

10. Using MS-DOS command in JScript

11. Basic question about calling subs in MS Word from different templates

12. how to call DOS Commands from VB?