Member Authentication using ASP
Author Message
 Member Authentication using ASP

Okay, so I can add a user to my Access DB, but I don't
want just any average joe coming along and logging in.
Is there a way to code the add user portion so that user
name is actually "suspended" until they receive an email
from me?  I also want to receive an email from the form
telling me that:

Name: ______ has added themself with
username: _______ ,
using email address: _______ ,
at date() time().

Any clues on how to go about doing this?

~Brett

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:24:31 GMT
 Member Authentication using ASP
"average joe"

Yeah!

" I also want to receive an email from the form
telling me that:"

Here it goes:

Sacked it.

------

Try another planet.

Quote:
> Okay, so I can add a user to my Access DB, but I don't
> want just any average joe coming along and logging in.
> Is there a way to code the add user portion so that user
> name is actually "suspended" until they receive an email
> from me?  I also want to receive an email from the form
> telling me that:

> Name: ______ has added themself with
> username: _______ ,
> using email address: _______ ,
> at date() time().

> Any clues on how to go about doing this?

> ~Brett

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:57:10 GMT
 Member Authentication using ASP
I figured out what to do.  When you call the next page,
in the code for your success page you need to add the
email script.  The script calls form information and
sends it in an email.  Here's the script I use on my
add_success.asp page:

<%
'Gets Form Input
  'textarea input, for body of message.
Dim strName, strEmail, strUser, strPass
strName    = Request.Form("name")
strEmail   = Request.Form("email")
strUser    = Request.Form("user")
strPass    = Request.Form("pass")

'Backup validates the fields if JavaScript failed and
redirects back to the form if they're empty
If strName="" or strUser="" or strEmail="" or strPass=""
Then Response.Redirect("addmember.asp") End If

'Fire off the email
Dim objMail
Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
With objMail
  .From = strName (strEmail)

  .Subject = "[UMBC EMS] Add Member " & strName & " [UMBC
EMS]"
  .Body = "Name: " & strName & chr(13) & "Email: " &
strEmail & chr(13) & chr(13) & "User: " & strUser & chr
(13) & "Password: " & strPass & chr(13) & chr(13) & Date
() & " at " & Time()
  .Send
End With
Set objMail = Nothing
%>

Hope that helps.

~Brett

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 23:18:29 GMT

1. Openning an asp which uses authentication

2. Modify NT user group member using Win32 API using NetUserSetInfo

3. Enumerate Local Group Members and Identify Domain of Members

4. ASP.Net Forms Authentication

5. NT Authentication w/ASP

6. ASP/ADO, SQL7, NT/Win2k authentication

7. Using XMLHTTP to send cookies to a server with Integrated Authentication

8. NT User Authentication through ASP

9. Lage size of converted postscript member when using Gsview/Ghostscript

10. Not using NT authentication but Requiring Network Userid

11. Authentication using VBScript and SQL

12. Passing Password to NT (directory authentication) from ASP