GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients
Author Message
 GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients

Hi all,

My problem is I developed an apps that updates my PAB searching entries in
the GAL.
Works great in my machine that has cdo.dll installed.
The thing is I am using cdo.dll in my machine where as the clients are not.
I tryed to register the cdo.dll on the clients but did not work. Now I want
replace the lines below where the error was:

Set objAddressListPAB = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListPAB)
Set objAddressListGAL = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListGAL)

since GetAddressList only works for version 1.2 of the Active Messaging
DLLs.
Does anyone know how i can get the name of my Personal Address Book (PAB)
and the
name of my Global Access List ( GAL ) without using the method
GetAddressList ?

Thanks a lot

John

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients
I have done this by having an ASP page on an Intranet server that uses CDO
to display the mailbox fields on it.
The app just generates the url and adds ?UserID=xxxxxxx to it. This causes
the users browser to load and lets them update thier details.
I my case the Exchange mailbox ID matches the NT logon ID so I use an ASP
function to detect who the user is.
With IIS set to NT authentication only CDO works OK and a user can only
update the mailbox that matches the NT account they are logged on as.
Requires IE3 or 4 browser!
Very Simple really.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSH FAQ
http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
http://www.glazier.co.nz

Quote:
>Hi all,

>My problem is I developed an apps that updates my PAB searching entries in
>the GAL.
>Works great in my machine that has cdo.dll installed.
>The thing is I am using cdo.dll in my machine where as the clients are not.
>I tryed to register the cdo.dll on the clients but did not work. Now I want
>replace the lines below where the error was:

>Set objAddressListPAB = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListPAB)
>Set objAddressListGAL = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListGAL)

>since GetAddressList only works for version 1.2 of the Active Messaging
>DLLs.
>Does anyone know how i can get the name of my Personal Address Book (PAB)
>and the
>name of my Global Access List ( GAL ) without using the method
>GetAddressList ?

>Thanks a lot

>John

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients
set objAddrList = objsession.addresslists("Global Address List")

Quote:
>Hi all,

>My problem is I developed an apps that updates my PAB searching entries in
>the GAL.
>Works great in my machine that has cdo.dll installed.
>The thing is I am using cdo.dll in my machine where as the clients are not.
>I tryed to register the cdo.dll on the clients but did not work. Now I want
>replace the lines below where the error was:

>Set objAddressListPAB = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListPAB)
>Set objAddressListGAL = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListGAL)

>since GetAddressList only works for version 1.2 of the Active Messaging
>DLLs.
>Does anyone know how i can get the name of my Personal Address Book (PAB)
>and the
>name of my Global Access List ( GAL ) without using the method
>GetAddressList ?

>Thanks a lot

>John

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetAddressList method and CDO.DLL on clients
Thanks you Rick!!! it worked great!!!

Quote:
>set objAddrList = objsession.addresslists("Global Address List")

>>Hi all,

>>My problem is I developed an apps that updates my PAB searching entries in
>>the GAL.
>>Works great in my machine that has cdo.dll installed.
>>The thing is I am using cdo.dll in my machine where as the clients are
not.
>>I tryed to register the cdo.dll on the clients but did not work. Now I
want
>>replace the lines below where the error was:

>>Set objAddressListPAB = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListPAB)
>>Set objAddressListGAL = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListGAL)

>>since GetAddressList only works for version 1.2 of the Active Messaging
>>DLLs.
>>Does anyone know how i can get the name of my Personal Address Book (PAB)
>>and the
>>name of my Global Access List ( GAL ) without using the method
>>GetAddressList ?

>>Thanks a lot

>>John

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot Logo to CDO using My DLL

2. CDO Update method errors

3. check CDO.DLL

4. Sending Mail from ASP using CDO.dll (outlook 98)

5. Problem using CDO Folder.CopyTo method

6. CDO Problem using the GetMessage method to find a message in a Public Folder

7. CDO update method works W2K but not in NT4

8. CDO Delivernow Method and progress indicator

9. Using the CDO Address Book method

10. CDO deliverNow method

11. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

12. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client