enumerating shares and share permissions with vbscript
Author Message
 enumerating shares and share permissions with vbscript

Hi

I am trying to find out how to enumerate shares on a computer and
finding out what permission is on the share (not the file and
directories underneath), but the share.

Can anyone tell me how to do this.  I know you can use net view
\\computername to enumerate the shares and pipe that into a text file,
but how about the permissions.

I also know that you can read the registry key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Share
s] and get a number that changes when you add different groups to the
share permissions list but how do I resolve this to account names.

TIA

Bindu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. share permissions and enumerating shares

2. Enumerating Permission set on File Share

3. Again : Enumerate Permission Set on Network Share

4. Enumerating Permissions set on a File Share

5. List shares and share permissions?

6. Creating a share with share permissions

7. Setting Share permissions using VBScript

8. Shares and permissions from VBscript

9. enumerating shared printers on remote print server

10. Enumerate Share Points Using AdsSecurity Object

11. Enumerate share folders for UNC

12. enumerating shares