Deleting Temporary Internet Files & History with VBS ?
Author Message
 Deleting Temporary Internet Files & History with VBS ?

Hi!

is it possible to delete Temporary Internet Files & History with a
Visual Basic Script? Because it's a special folder the "normal" way
doesn't match:

Const DeleteReadOnly = True
objFSO.DeleteFile("C:\winnt\....\*.*), DeleteReadOnly

----------------

Thanx!
Djimon

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:34:59 GMT
 Deleting Temporary Internet Files & History with VBS ?
"objFSO.DeleteFile("C:\winnt\....\*.*), DeleteReadOnly"

Mentioning the dotting style, that's interesting!
Do you still have any system files?

It is possible, probably not with wildcards, not on that level, and not
under session.
As for history, the documented way deletes typed urls as well.

Use tweakUI and do not risk your system files.

I service my machine now since ISPs and other nosy visitors go for
the document history first to get a profile or after sales.

In these days it is also important to say which OS you are on.
'NT' just wont' rush anyone pulling the documents.

Quote:
> Hi!

> is it possible to delete Temporary Internet Files & History with a
> Visual Basic Script? Because it's a special folder the "normal" way
> doesn't match:

> Const DeleteReadOnly = True
> Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> objFSO.DeleteFile("C:\winnt\....\*.*), DeleteReadOnly

> ----------------

> Thanx!
> Djimon

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:51:57 GMT

1. Deleting Temporary Internet Files & History with VBS ?

2. Deleting History and Temporary Internet Files folders of Win95

3. Removing Temporary Internet Files and clearing History

4. Deleting temporary internet files

5. Deleting temporary internet files and cookies using vbscript

6. deleting temporary internet files

7. Deleting Temporary Internet Files

8. info : here is how to delete cookies or any file in the temporary internet files folder

9. Delete file from Temporary Internet Files in VB

10. Deleting files from Temporary Internet Files Directory

11. accessing the internet address of items in the temporary internet files folder

12. use VB to delete entries from Windows\Temporary Internet Files