Using folder object when the user doesn't have access to the folder
Author Message
 Using folder object when the user doesn't have access to the folder

Hi all.

I'm using the FileSystemObject and the Folder
object to browse a directory on the Web Server.
This works fine, but some users don't have access
to all folders, and when they try to browse a
folder where they don't have access they get this
error from the web server: "Microsoft VBScript
runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied". This
occures in my code where I'm trying to access the
subfolders of the folder. I want to be able to
determine in the code that the user doesn't have
access to the folder, and then return my own
error message to the user. But I can't find a way
to do this. The SubFolder collection of the
Folder object exists, but when I try to access
any of the properties i get this automathic error
message. Does anoyone know how I can test for
this error without any deafult error message
being written to the client's browser?

Thanks,
Elin Asphjell, ACom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using folder object when the user doesn't have access to the folder
Hi again

I figured it out my self, just ignore this question.

Elin Asphjell, ACom

Quote:

> Hi all.

> I'm using the FileSystemObject and the Folder
> object to browse a directory on the Web Server.
> This works fine, but some users don't have access
> to all folders, and when they try to browse a
> folder where they don't have access they get this
> error from the web server: "Microsoft VBScript
> runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied". This
> occures in my code where I'm trying to access the
> subfolders of the folder. I want to be able to
> determine in the code that the user doesn't have
> access to the folder, and then return my own
> error message to the user. But I can't find a way
> to do this. The SubFolder collection of the
> Folder object exists, but when I try to access
> any of the properties i get this automathic error
> message. Does anoyone know how I can test for
> this error without any deafult error message
> being written to the client's browser?

> Thanks,
> Elin Asphjell, ACom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing a folder in public folders using an ADO recordset

2. Access Users's Exchange Folder

3. Reading Another User's Folder Using VBA

4. Accessing other user's folders

5. Enumerate a Folder and it's Sub Folders

6. Finding a users 'My Documents' Folder

7. Folders that aren't folders.

8. folder in a folder in a folder...

9. Build XML of folders, sub folders and files from specified folder

10. Determining if a folder is a local pst folder or a imap (server folder)

11. CopyTo to a folder that doesn't exist

12. Saving document to folder that doesn't exist