response.write("<br>")
Author Message
 response.write("<br>")

How can i have response.write("<br>") work, while writing
output to my html page. I want to actually see <br>..

I am looking for an asp command that just outputs the
string as is... because my string can be long and have any
number of html tags in it, and i don't want to parse
through the string.

Thanks

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:00:24 GMT
 response.write("<br>")
Probably (""<br>"")

Just a guess

Quote:
>How can i have response.write("<br>") work, while writing
>output to my html page. I want to actually see <br>..

>I am looking for an asp command that just outputs the
>string as is... because my string can be long and have any
>number of html tags in it, and i don't want to parse
>through the string.

>Thanks

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:08:08 GMT
 response.write("<br>")
Try this,

response.write server.htmlEncode("<br>blabla<br>")

--
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea

Quote:
> How can i have response.write("<br>") work, while writing
> output to my html page. I want to actually see <br>..

> I am looking for an asp command that just outputs the
> string as is... because my string can be long and have any
> number of html tags in it, and i don't want to parse
> through the string.

> Thanks

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:13:10 GMT
 response.write("<br>")
rsadana wrote on 18 Oct 2002 in microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript:

Quote:
> How can i have response.write("<br>") work, while writing
> output to my html page. I want to actually see <br>..

html="<br>"

response.write replace(html,"<","&lt;")

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 06:43:33 GMT
 response.write("<br>")
I just do

response.write "<BR>" and it works fine.

Quote:
> Try this,

> response.write server.htmlEncode("<br>blabla<br>")

> --
> Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea

> > How can i have response.write("<br>") work, while writing
> > output to my html page. I want to actually see <br>..

> > I am looking for an asp command that just outputs the
> > string as is... because my string can be long and have any
> > number of html tags in it, and i don't want to parse
> > through the string.

> > Thanks

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:03:10 GMT
 response.write("<br>")
OP asked not-working <br>. So not-working is working in this thread.

--
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea
Mail with any alphabets in title will be deleted. Use only numbers.

Quote:
> I just do

> response.write "<BR>" and it works fine.

> > Try this,

> > response.write server.htmlEncode("<br>blabla<br>")

> > --
> > Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea

> > > How can i have response.write("<br>") work, while writing
> > > output to my html page. I want to actually see <br>..

> > > I am looking for an asp command that just outputs the
> > > string as is... because my string can be long and have any
> > > number of html tags in it, and i don't want to parse
> > > through the string.

> > > Thanks

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:11:46 GMT

1. Crystal Report 8 causes error <font color="blue"><B>20599</B></font>

2. "Nested" response.write

3. Win98 user <font color="blue"><B>profiles</B></font>

6. Response.Write Server.HTMLEncode ( "Joe Schmoe")

7. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

8. <!--#include file="Query string"-->

9. <INPUT TYPE="image">

10. <INPUT type="file"> fields