Command-Line calls
Author Message
 Command-Line calls

In VB/VBScript, how do you interact with the command-line?  I have several
scripts that I would like to move from Perl to VBScript, but can't seem to
find any documentation on command-line calls.

Thanks..

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Command-Line calls

I assume you're talking about under WSH...

See the docs for the WScript.Arguments collection.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/beta/doc/wsProArgumen...

These are the docs for WSH2 beta 2 but the Arguments collection hasn't changed.

--
Michael Harris

| In VB/VBScript, how do you interact with the command-line?  I have several
| scripts that I would like to move from Perl to VBScript, but can't seem to
| find any documentation on command-line calls.
|
| Thanks..

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Command-Line calls

I will check it out.  Howabout also CSH though?  Thanks..

  I assume you're talking about under WSH...

  See the docs for the WScript.Arguments collection.

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/beta/doc/wsProArgumen...

  These are the docs for WSH2 beta 2 but the Arguments collection hasn't changed.

  --
  Michael Harris

  | In VB/VBScript, how do you interact with the command-line?  I have several
  | scripts that I would like to move from Perl to VBScript, but can't seem to
  | find any documentation on command-line calls.
  |
  | Thanks..

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Command-Line calls

If by CSH you mean CScript, then the WScript intrinsic object is the same for both...

--
Michael Harris

I will check it out.  Howabout also CSH though?  Thanks..

  I assume you're talking about under WSH...

  See the docs for the WScript.Arguments collection.

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/beta/doc/wsProArgumen...

  These are the docs for WSH2 beta 2 but the Arguments collection hasn't changed.

  --
  Michael Harris

  | In VB/VBScript, how do you interact with the command-line?  I have several
  | scripts that I would like to move from Perl to VBScript, but can't seem to
  | find any documentation on command-line calls.
  |
  | Thanks..

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Command Line call pstotext

2. Piping results of command line call to file from ASP

3. Piping results of command line call to file from ASP

4. Command line calls and PATH question

5. Command Line Call to VB

6. Passing values into and out of Command Line application *and* command line prompt in vbscript

7. Scripting command line applications & Command Line Prompting

8. Parameters in command line location calls

9. Calling an Executable from command line

10. Can you call an server-side command line executable

11. Close or control any windows app from command line or batch file by calling WinAPI

12. call a command line utility from script