Opening all files of a type in a directory
Author Message
 Opening all files of a type in a directory

I want to have a shortcut that i can click and have it load every mp3 file
in my winamp directory.  i would just make a shortcut to a playlist of all
the files, but i download new songs frequently, so it would be more work
than it's worth.  i've been looking everywhere for a way to do this, first
with batch files, now with VBScript... but i'm completely new to vbscript,
so i have no idea how it would be done, or if it's even possible.  btw, i
did look on google first, and didn't find anything.  :)

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:32:31 GMT
 Opening all files of a type in a directory
I want to have a shortcut that i can click and have it load every mp3 file
in my winamp directory.  i would just make a shortcut to a playlist of all
the files, but i download new songs frequently, so it would be more work
than it's worth.  i've been looking everywhere for a way to do this, first
with batch files, now with vbscript... but i'm completely new to vbscript,
so i have no idea how it would be done, or if it's even possible.  btw, i
did look on google first, and didn't find anything.  :)

And, if anyone noticed, sorry i posted this as a reply to dopefeend the
first time.
i misclicked.  :)

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:04:28 GMT
 Opening all files of a type in a directory
Hi

What you need is automatically to create a playlist  and start the mp3 player
with the playlist as input parameter

This can be done with Windows Script Host (overkill ;-) or a batch file.

Batch file solution:

dir *.mp3 /b > playlist.m3u
start "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe" playlist.m3u

Regards,
Torgeir

Quote:

> I want to have a shortcut that i can click and have it load every mp3 file
> in my winamp directory.  i would just make a shortcut to a playlist of all
> the files, but i download new songs frequently, so it would be more work
> than it's worth.  i've been looking everywhere for a way to do this, first
> with batch files, now with vbscript... but i'm completely new to vbscript,
> so i have no idea how it would be done, or if it's even possible.  btw, i
> did look on google first, and didn't find anything.  :)

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:36:27 GMT

1. File types, and open specified file type

2. opening a file with the default app for that file type

3. Opening a file using file type association

4. File-Open with problem...concerning file types

5. create a file type for a virtual directory in IIS using a command line script

6. How can I open text file for output in the same directory

7. How To show only directories with Common Dialog Box for open files

8. Changing file open directories

9. Changing/restoring the Open File default directory

10. How can I open files in a directory from VB

11. Directory only file open dialog

12. A File Open type dialog box