Script Encoder and obtaining VBScript version installed
Author Message
 Script Encoder and obtaining VBScript version installed

Can someone confirm for me that the MS Script Encoder works with VBScript 5?

I keep seeing reference to needing IE 5 and I know I thought I had it
working before I went to IE 5. All my test machines are at IE 5 so it's hard
for me to figure it out :)

On that note, is there an easy way to tell if a user has VBScript 5? Should
I just go after the VBScript.dll file and look at it's properties?

Thanks
Shawn

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Script Encoder and obtaining VBScript version installed

All that is required is the version 5.0 language engines to work with encoded script in an HTML page in IE3.x or higher.

Unfortunately the IE5.0 install doesn't add the registry keys needed for WSH to understand encode script extensions (.vbe and .jse).  A separate install of the current version of WSH or the WSH2 beta will fix that problem as will the IE5.01 install (whenever it's released).

--
Michael Harris

  Can someone confirm for me that the MS Script Encoder works with VBScript 5?

  I keep seeing reference to needing IE 5 and I know I thought I had it
  working before I went to IE 5. All my test machines are at IE 5 so it's hard
  for me to figure it out :)

  On that note, is there an easy way to tell if a user has VBScript 5? Should
  I just go after the VBScript.dll file and look at it's properties?

  Thanks
  Shawn

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to install MS Script encoder

2. Help installing MS Scripting encoder

3. VBScript version installed in IE 4

4. Version number of installed VBScript from VisualBasic

5. Installing Microsoft Scripting Engines Version 5.0

6. How do I tell which version of scripting is installed

7. VBScript 5 and Script Encoder Beta 1 with PWS

8. Windows Script Encoder

9. Script Encoder for mixed lang file

10. script encoder

11. Script Encoder Error