Rename File
Author Message
 Rename File

Hi there all,
I read in an earlier post someone was talking about renaming files.The post
was talking about using vb6 although it did mention something about "name
property". I have been unable to find info on the name property?? within
VBScript documentation. I am a newbe at all this and I'm wondering if anyone
could give me some info on renaming a file using vbscript.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:13:56 GMT
 Rename File
Hi

From my help docs...

Sets or returns the name of a specified file or folder. Read/write.
object.Name [= newname]

Arguments...
object
Required. Always the name of a File or Folder object.

newname
Optional. If provided, newname is the new name of the specified object.

--
Tom

Quote:
> Hi there all,
> I read in an earlier post someone was talking about renaming files.The
post
> was talking about using vb6 although it did mention something about "name
> property". I have been unable to find info on the name property?? within
> vbscript documentation. I am a newbe at all this and I'm wondering if
anyone
> could give me some info on renaming a file using vbscript.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:29:18 GMT
 Rename File
Ron says:

Quote:
>Where could I get hold of this kind of info?
>The doc's I have don't mention anything about renaming files..

Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/  and download the latest
CHM file of the VBScript documentation, or the JScript documentation
for that matter...  they both have full documentation of the
FileSystemObject.

Quote:
>Also do u know of a site that might have an example..

You really don't need more of an example than he gave... It's a simple
matter of assigning a value to an object's property.

However, if you absolutely need a website and a sample, visit
www.wshscripting.com and download the script I have which renames
files to lowercase.

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit
www.wshscripting.com for WSH scripts
www.serverscripting.com for server scripts

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:53:52 GMT
 Rename File
Thanks Tom,
Where could I get hold of this kind of info?
The doc's I have don't mention anything about renaming files..
Also do u know of a site that might have an example..\

Thanks again,
Regards Ron...

Quote:
> Hi

> From my help docs...

> Sets or returns the name of a specified file or folder. Read/write.
> object.Name [= newname]

> Arguments...
> object
> Required. Always the name of a File or Folder object.

> newname
> Optional. If provided, newname is the new name of the specified object.

> --
> Tom

> > Hi there all,
> > I read in an earlier post someone was talking about renaming files.The
> post
> > was talking about using vb6 although it did mention something about
"name
> > property". I have been unable to find info on the name property?? within
> > vbscript documentation. I am a newbe at all this and I'm wondering if
> anyone
> > could give me some info on renaming a file using vbscript.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:41:48 GMT
 Rename File
Thanks for that mate,
as I said I'm new to scripting so this will be a good lesson trying to get
it running with the script I've written so far.

Regards Ron

Quote:
> Ron says:

> >Where could I get hold of this kind of info?
> >The doc's I have don't mention anything about renaming files..

> Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/  and download the latest
> CHM file of the VBScript documentation, or the JScript documentation
> for that matter...  they both have full documentation of the
> FileSystemObject.

> >Also do u know of a site that might have an example..

> You really don't need more of an example than he gave... It's a simple
> matter of assigning a value to an object's property.

> However, if you absolutely need a website and a sample, visit
> www.wshscripting.com and download the script I have which renames
> files to lowercase.

> ----------
> Randy Hunt
> MCP+I / MCSE

> visit
> www.wshscripting.com for WSH scripts
> www.serverscripting.com for server scripts

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:50:50 GMT

1. renaming files : removing leading zeros from file names

2. Renaming File Extensions per .TXT File?

3. copy file, rename file API desired

4. Rename Files with DAO

5. Renaming files from within Access

6. Moveing and renaming files in Access