How can I open a text file saved in other server? 
Author Message
 How can I open a text file saved in other server?

How can I open a text file saved in other server?

server.MapPath only run when files stay in my server, but, when it stay in
another server?

I'm sorry for my poor english.
Thanks.

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Visita http://www.*-*-*.com/
Visita http://www.*-*-*.com/
Muy pronto nuevas actualizaciones
Sergio Ambel.



Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:12:09 GMT  
 How can I open a text file saved in other server?
Sergio says:

Quote:
>How can I open a text file saved in other server?

>server.MapPath only run when files stay in my server, but, when it stay in
>another server?

There's no simple way to do this, unless you know the file system path
to the file you want to get to.     If you do,  just use it.    If you
don't,  you'll have to do a complicated recurse of all drives and
directories to find it.

--
Randem
MCP+I / MCSE



Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:11:30 GMT  
 How can I open a text file saved in other server?
Thanks, but... I know the file system path to the file in their server but,
to access since my server, How can I do it?

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Visita http://www.mihabitacion.com
Muy pronto nuevas actualizaciones
Sergio Ambel.


Quote:
> Sergio says:

> >How can I open a text file saved in other server?

> >server.MapPath only run when files stay in my server, but, when it stay
in
> >another server?

> There's no simple way to do this, unless you know the file system path
> to the file you want to get to.     If you do,  just use it.    If you
> don't,  you'll have to do a complicated recurse of all drives and
> directories to find it.

> --
> Randem
> MCP+I / MCSE



Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:09:43 GMT  
 How can I open a text file saved in other server?
Sergio says:

Quote:
>Thanks, but... I know the file system path to the file in their server but,
>to access since my server, How can I do it?

You can use the absolute path to the file from any server.  Piece of
cake.

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE



Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:08:30 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Saving open file and opening new file at a specified time of day

2. Saving Form results to a Text file on the server

3. Saving Form results to a Text file on the Server

4. File opened by others

5. opening / saving files with MS rich text box control (viewing open files)

6. opening text files from the server instead ot the clients computer

7. SAving a MS Word file to a PDF file and a text file

8. replacing text in a html-file and saving the changed file

9. VBScript works on 1 server but failed on others

10. sample code needed to open plain text file and use as excel97 file

11. Opening the save diablog box instead of openig the file

12. Prompting user to open or save file

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software