Install a W2K Service AND VBS
Author Message
 Install a W2K Service AND VBS

Hi

How can i install a W2K service with VBS.

Thanks
Jean-Christophe QUIRIN

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Install a W2K Service AND VBS

Do you mean:
a.) I have a VBS file that I want to run as a server
or
b.) I have a service that I want to automatically installing using VBScript

If a.)this is unadvisable. You'd have to use a 3rd party tool or some other
hacking to get it to work and by that time, you should probably write it in
VB or C++

b.)most service.exe's have a -install and -uninstall option that allows you
to register it with the SCM or unregister it respectively.

-Chad

Quote:
> Hi

> How can i install a W2K service with VBS.

> Thanks
> Jean-Christophe QUIRIN

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: W2K, IIS, ASP, Component Services, SQL, NT Service and VB

2. Unable to run script via W2K Terminal Services Task Scheduler

3. ADSI Object Locks W2k Service

4. Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services

5. Smtp not running in the IIS Services panel on a W2K server with .NET

6. How to create a Service on w2k server (to work with events)

7. Writing a NT/W2K Service in Visual Basic

8. W2K Service pack issue

9. VB Appl running as Service under W2k

10. VB EXE into a W2K Server Service

11. Designer Component 6.0 not installing under W2K

12. Date problems with install on W2K