Burn a CD in XP using VB Script
Author Message
 Burn a CD in XP using VB Script

I'm trying to write a script that will allow me to backup files to a CD
using the Windows XP CD writing utility. I can copy files into the windows
directory where the files are held until written, but I can't find how to
initiate the CD burning.

Anyone give me some help

Thanks

Dave

Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:50:17 GMT
 Burn a CD in XP using VB Script
If right clicking on the CD drive letter shows a menu item for writing the
files now then you could try this...

set oShell = createObject("shell.application")
set oFolder = oShell.namespace("d:\")
oFolder.invokeVerb "&Write Files To CD"  'Note this is case sensitive and
include & infront of the hotkey letter if there is one

Regards,
Ian
WSH FAQ http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript

Quote:
> I'm trying to write a script that will allow me to backup files to a CD
> using the Windows XP CD writing utility. I can copy files into the windows
> directory where the files are held until written, but I can't find how to
> initiate the CD burning.

> Anyone give me some help

> Thanks

> Dave

Fri, 18 Jun 2004 04:38:44 GMT

1. How can I start CD burning in XP from a VBScript

2. Burning CDs under XP

3. vba and multi cd-burning, with each cd having differnet info from the db

4. Cluster size of a CD-ROM and a control to burn a CD

5. Burning CDs from VB

6. Burning a CD-R from VB

7. Burning a CD-R from within a VB App

8. Burn a CD from VB

9. Using VB script to format a CD-R and Finish it through UDF

10. ISO and steps for burning cd-r for multiplatform (printers)

11. Burning compatible CD-r's

12. Burning a CD