RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?
Author Message
 RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?

I have looked for any examples of scripts to create new RAS connections
without success.  Has anyone seen any?  So far, all installation examples
that I can find use the wizard which sort of defeats the purpose of
automation...  I will continue to work with the PDK and if I get one to
work, I will let you know.  I just hate reinventing the wheel all of the
time<g>.

TIA

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:52:47 GMT
 RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?
hi George,

If you are courageous enough (or foolhardy enough) to use a third-party
control,
then you can do it with Gnter Born's "wsh RAS ActX Control", as found on
the following website:

    http://www.borncity.com/WSHBazaar/

cheers, jw

Quote:
> I have looked for any examples of scripts to create new RAS connections
> without success.  Has anyone seen any?  So far, all installation examples
> that I can find use the wizard which sort of defeats the purpose of
> automation...  I will continue to work with the PDK and if I get one to
> work, I will let you know.  I just hate reinventing the wheel all of the
> time<g>.

> TIA

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:10:21 GMT
 RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?
I may have found some hope in the Phone Book Administrator.  I have it
loaded now, just have to figure it out.

Quote:
> hi George,

> If you are courageous enough (or foolhardy enough) to use a third-party
> control,
> then you can do it with Gnter Born's "wsh RAS ActX Control", as found on
> the following website:

>     http://www.borncity.com/WSHBazaar/

> cheers, jw

> > I have looked for any examples of scripts to create new RAS connections
> > without success.  Has anyone seen any?  So far, all installation
examples
> > that I can find use the wizard which sort of defeats the purpose of
> > automation...  I will continue to work with the PDK and if I get one to
> > work, I will let you know.  I just hate reinventing the wheel all of the
> > time<g>.

> > TIA

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 03:44:14 GMT
 RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?

If you find a solution, PLEASE let me know!! I've been looking to do the same
thing!! Our users use VPN connections to support our customers, and it's a pain
to have to go machine to machine to set up the Phonebook entries for every user.

Stephane Morrell

Quote:
I may have found some hope in the Phone Book Administrator.  I have it
loaded now, just have to figure it out.

> hi George,

> If you are courageous enough (or foolhardy enough) to use a third-party
> control,
> then you can do it with Gnter Born's "wsh RAS ActX Control", as found on
> the following website:

>     http://www.borncity.com/WSHBazaar/

> cheers, jw

> > I have looked for any examples of scripts to create new RAS connections
> > without success.  Has anyone seen any?  So far, all installation
examples
> > that I can find use the wizard which sort of defeats the purpose of
> > automation...  I will continue to work with the PDK and if I get one to
> > work, I will let you know.  I just hate reinventing the wheel all of the
> > time<g>.

> > TIA

.

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:58:00 GMT
 RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?
Well, the Phone Book Administrator looks like a dead end for what I want to
do.  If you want to manage connections and update them such as an ISP would,
you may want to look into it though.

The key on W2K is in systemroot\doc & settings\all users\app
data\ms\network\connections (this is an abbreviated dir. name).  The file is
RASPHONE.PBK.  The file format for a PBA created PBK is different than the
RASPHONE.PBK.  I am going to look into Guid  and DialParamsUID being unique
for each entry.  Since it is an INI file (sure sounds none W2K compliant to
me!), it can be carried around.  More later when I know more.

If you find a solution, PLEASE let me know!! I've been looking to do the
same
thing!! Our users use VPN connections to support our customers, and it's a
pain
to have to go machine to machine to set up the Phonebook entries for every
user.

Stephane Morrell

Quote:
I may have found some hope in the Phone Book Administrator.  I have it
loaded now, just have to figure it out.

> hi George,

> If you are courageous enough (or foolhardy enough) to use a third-party
> control,
> then you can do it with Gnter Born's "wsh RAS ActX Control", as found on
> the following website:

>     http://www.borncity.com/WSHBazaar/

> cheers, jw

> > I have looked for any examples of scripts to create new RAS connections
> > without success.  Has anyone seen any?  So far, all installation
examples
> > that I can find use the wizard which sort of defeats the purpose of
> > automation...  I will continue to work with the PDK and if I get one to
> > work, I will let you know.  I just hate reinventing the wheel all of the
> > time<g>.

> > TIA

.

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:12:44 GMT

1. Script to DIAL a RAS connection???

2. How to automate Dial up connection with RAs in Windows95/98

3. Using Dial-up scripts with RAS/DUN

4. How to initiate Dial-Up (RAS) connection?

5. HOw to create automatically ras phone entry and dial the connection also

6. Dialup Connection ( The Service Formerly Known as RAS )

7. Dial RAS connection - Urgent!

8. Triggering RAS dial-up connection

9. Script to doa RAS dial up?

10. RAS Dial-ing from a script