command line printer setup under windows xp
Author Message
 command line printer setup under windows xp

Error 87 means incorrect parameter.
Try this:

-h "F:\TEmp\DC350pcl5e_inf\PCL5e\"
-i "F:\TEmp\DC350pcl5e_inf\PCL5e\FX5eLSEI.inf"

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:07:05 GMT
 command line printer setup under windows xp
Thanks for the reply!

i tried what you suggested with the following results

F:\WINDOWS\system32>cscript prndrvr.vbs -a -m "Xerox DC 400/350/250
PCL 5e" -h "F:\TEmp\DC350pcl5e_inf\PCL5e\" -i
"F:\TEmp\DC350pcl5e_inf\PCL5e\FX5eLSEI.inf"
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Unable to add printer driver Xerox DC 400/350/250 PCL 5e Win32 error
code -536870353

Quote:

> Error 87 means incorrect parameter.
> Try this:

> -h "F:\TEmp\DC350pcl5e_inf\PCL5e\"
> -i "F:\TEmp\DC350pcl5e_inf\PCL5e\FX5eLSEI.inf"

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:14:20 GMT
 command line printer setup under windows xp

Aha!

I'm getting the exact same error message when trying to add a Lexmark
printer driver.  When you edit the .inf file, does it refer to many
different Xerox printer models?  If so, the problem might be that you
cannot add just one driver from the list.  I can't find anything on the
net regarding Win32 error code -536870353.  Someone told me 87 meant
incorrect parameter, and the path was my incorrect parameter.  But for
536870353, I can't find anything.
Browse you .inf file and see if there is any identification for
%printer1% or something like that.  Modify Xerox DC 400/350/250 PCL 5e
as
Xerox DC 400/350/250 or Xerox DC 400/350/250 PCL 6, or whatever.  I've
spent the last few days working on this problem.

Good luck and keep me posted on your results!

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:27:47 GMT

1. command line printer setup under windows xp

2. Executing command line program from VB 5 application under Windows XP environmen

3. windows xp and jscript - I cannot Install scriptgen with windows XP

4. Passing values into and out of Command Line application *and* command line prompt in vbscript

5. Scripting command line applications & Command Line Prompting

6. Incorrect command-line arguement for setup! Help

7. Help with Win 95 screen saver command line - command line.zip [1/1]

8. DirectX OEM setup with command line

9. Browser window opens behind command line window on 2000 machine

10. Browser window opens behind command line window on 2000 machine

11. VBS Commands run asynchron in Windows XP ?!

12. Problem with Command Button inside Frame on Windows XP