Calling server-script from within client-script
Author Message
 Calling server-script from within client-script

Hello!

Can anyone solve the following problem: I am trying to create an online
order system. The order should be stored on the webserver by creating a
text file. This works fine so far. The Problem is: Can I call the
server-script which writes the file by pressing a button on the website?
For this I have to call a server script from within the
client-script-event-handler. But an error message tells me, that the
server-script-function is unknown. Is there a solution for my problem?

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling server-script from within client-script
Not directly.  By the time the button appears on the client's machine, any
server-side script on that page is executed and gone.  But you could load a
server-side script into another frame with the event handler.

Bottom line is, you'll have to interact with the server somehow.

Kris Eiben
Automation Creations, Inc.

Quote:

>Hello!

>Can anyone solve the following problem: I am trying to create an online
>order system. The order should be stored on the webserver by creating a
>text file. This works fine so far. The Problem is: Can I call the
>server-script which writes the file by pressing a button on the website?
>For this I have to call a server script from within the
>client-script-event-handler. But an error message tells me, that the
>server-script-function is unknown. Is there a solution for my problem?

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling server-script from within client-script
Use RemoteScripting...

Quote:
> Hello!

> Can anyone solve the following problem: I am trying to create an online
> order system. The order should be stored on the webserver by creating a
> text file. This works fine so far. The Problem is: Can I call the
> server-script which writes the file by pressing a button on the website?
> For this I have to call a server script from within the
> client-script-event-handler. But an error message tells me, that the
> server-script-function is unknown. Is there a solution for my problem?

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling server-script from within client-script

2. Calling Server Side Script from Client Side Script

3. Call Server Side Script From Client Side Script

4. calling server VB script with client JScript?

5. does anyone know how to call a server method from a client script

7. Help- Client script calling server side function

8. calling a script from within a script?

9. CGI Script Call from within VB Script

10. How to call a script within a script

11. Calling a script from within a script....

12. Calling a script from within a script....