Remote shell service
Author Message
 Remote shell service

Hello,

I am trying to launch, using a Shell Object,  a remote shell command
with rsh <host> <command>.
I activate succesfully the rshsvc service (rsh daemon)  in the server.
But when trying to execute "rsh <host> <command>" from VBScript with
using the Shell Object, a
message appears saying: "Acces denied".
I think the problem could be the ".rhosts" file located in the server. I
have not been able to
name it with the dot at the beginning of the name for Windows NT does
not allow it (when you try it, it says you must type a name), but the
documentation about this says that must be the name. So, I just named it
rhosts (without dot). Maybe that is not the only problem.
Has anybody used the remote shell service with Windows NT (in the client
and in the server)?. Any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

Pablo Rosales Herrera
Control Centres Unit
GMV S.A.
Isaac Newton 11, PTM. Tres Cantos. E-28760 MADRID (Spain)

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote Shell Service

2. Remote service pack deployment with remote scripting

3. Remote Automation and Wscript.Shell Object

4. Remote Creation of WScript.Shell object Fails

5. Remote access to NT Service Manager

6. dynamic listbox (remote data service)

7. Remote access to NT Service Manager

8. Remote NT Services

9. Start Remote Windows NT Service

10. Locally Remote Web services...

11. Problems with Remote Data Services

12. Request Variable being passed to Remote Data Services Object