SQL Connection with a System DSN (ODBC)
Author Message
 SQL Connection with a System DSN (ODBC)

Hello,
Does anyone know of a way I can troubleshoot a DSN error
to an SQL database?  I get a connection error from a
select statement stating there isn't an open connection.
Is there a way I can look at each statement to find out
where it is really failing?

Thanks
Paul

Dim oConn, oRS, oFld
Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set oRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
oConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=test;UID=sa"
oRS.Open "SELECT * FROM test_table", oConn

Mon, 23 May 2005 21:58:46 GMT

1. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

2. DSN-less ODBC connection to SQL Server

3. DSN-less ODBC connection to SQL Server

4. Creating ODBC System DSN by using ODBC API ?

5. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

6. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

7. which Dsn(Data Source Name) is Faster System DSN Or File DSN

8. how to create odbc dsn for SQL Server7

9. ODBC system DSN

10. creating ODBC system DSN programatically

11. How to create a ODBC system DSN

12. How do I create a ODBC system DSN?