Adding a domain group to local administrators group
Author Message
 Adding a domain group to local administrators group

Hi can I add a domain group to the local administrators group??, ohh, i mean
in a vb-script, because else I have to go from machine to machine to set it
up..
Can some one help?

/kenneth

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:34:05 GMT
 Adding a domain group to local administrators group
Hi Kenneth,

I think we can do this through ADSI. In ADSI we have the IADSGroup object
which has the method ADD used to add one ADSI object to an existing group.
You can either use the LDAP provider or the Winnt provider. Please
reference the "Platform SDK -> Networking and Directory Services ->
Directory Services -> ADSI" part in the MSDN for more information.

Hope this helps,

Robin

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:10:38 GMT
 Adding a domain group to local administrators group
Dim myGroup
Dim myUser

Set myGroup = GetObject("WinNT://LION/GroupName,group")
Set myUser = GetObject("WinNT://LION/UserName,user")

myGroup.Add(myUser.ADsPath)

Quote:
> Hi Kenneth,

> I think we can do this through ADSI. In ADSI we have the IADSGroup object
> which has the method ADD used to add one ADSI object to an existing group.
> You can either use the LDAP provider or the Winnt provider. Please
> reference the "Platform SDK -> Networking and Directory Services ->
> Directory Services -> ADSI" part in the MSDN for more information.

> Hope this helps,

> Robin

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:31:16 GMT

1. Adding domain groups to gthe local administrator group

2. VB script: adding AD group to local administrators group

3. How can I add a Domain Account to the Local Administrators Group

4. help Adding a Domain group to a Local Group

5. Add domain group to local group

6. Adding a Domain Global group to a machine local group in Windows 2000

7. How do I add a domain global-groups in a member-server local group

8. add user to local win2k administrator group

9. Removing local Administrator account from Administrators group

10. Adding multiple users or groups to local groups

11. Add Global group to Local Group

12. Add Domain Users Group to Powe Users Group in Script