HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script 
Author Message
 HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script

I have a html page and I need to create a link that will run a .exe;

example

Launch Explorer where "Explorer" is a link that will run
"c:\windows\explorer.exe /n, /e"

I would like this to be in vb script.

Thanks in advance for the help,

David



Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:43:03 GMT  
 HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script
Hi David

If the exe is in the client-side, you can't do that of the security issue.


Quote:
> I have a html page and I need to create a link that will run a .exe;

> example

> Launch Explorer where "Explorer" is a link that will run
> "c:\windows\explorer.exe /n, /e"

> I would like this to be in vb script.

> Thanks in advance for the help,

> David



Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:23:21 GMT  
 HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script
Actually you can do this - a simple script like,

locate between head,

<script language=VBScript>
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Sub runexplorer_onClick()
  WshShell.Run "c:\\WINDOWS\\Explorer.exe /n, /e", 1, 0
  WshShell=nothing
 End Sub
</script>

in your page put,

<a name="runexplorer">Windows Explorer

Thanks for your help anyhow.


Quote:
> Hi David

> If the exe is in the client-side, you can't do that of the security issue.



> > I have a html page and I need to create a link that will run a .exe;

> > example

> > Launch Explorer where "Explorer" is a link that will run
> > "c:\windows\explorer.exe /n, /e"

> > I would like this to be in vb script.

> > Thanks in advance for the help,

> > David



Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:26:10 GMT  
 HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script
There seems to be miscommunication, David.
I mean client-side. Network environment, opposite of server-side.


Quote:
> Actually you can do this - a simple script like,

> locate between head,

> <script language=vbscript>
> Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

> Sub runexplorer_onClick()
>   WshShell.Run "c:\\WINDOWS\\Explorer.exe /n, /e", 1, 0
>   WshShell=nothing
>  End Sub
> </script>

> in your page put,

> <a name="runexplorer">Windows Explorer

> Thanks for your help anyhow.



> > Hi David

> > If the exe is in the client-side, you can't do that of the security
issue.



> > > I have a html page and I need to create a link that will run a .exe;

> > > example

> > > Launch Explorer where "Explorer" is a link that will run
> > > "c:\windows\explorer.exe /n, /e"

> > > I would like this to be in vb script.

> > > Thanks in advance for the help,

> > > David



Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:21:20 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Running a EXE file with VB Script

2. vb login script not running sbsclnt.exe - MS Small Business Server

3. Running a EXE file with VB Script

4. EXE files - run from asp script?

5. How to read Activex Document EXE property from VB Script or ASP

6. Use ASP to run server-side VB .exe

7. ASP run server side VB .exe program

8. VB Script - how to run .exe program

9. Running asp file from vb exe ...?

10. running VB exe from a VB exe

11. Running an EXE from a HTML page

12. open/run an EXE file from JavaScript/HTML

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software