Manage a Dialog with VB Script
Author Message
 Manage a Dialog with VB Script

I used to use batch files (.bat) as a tool for our in house developers to
grab that latest release drops from our LAN. I decided to switch to vb
script so that i could have more power to do things like access the registry
to store where they last grabbed everything to.

Ive got my VBScript all working now using the FileSystemObject. However I
wondering if anyong could suggest a solution to having some visual feedback
that the copy opperation is working.

More simply: Is there any way to have vb script display some kind of please
wait dialog while i do the file copying work? (right now it asks for the
destination path, then just drops out until finished when i display another
messagebox) Ideally i would like to have a progress bar, but im assuming
that the fso.CopyFolder() routine would provide no such access. I also dont
want to have to install anything on the user's machine. I would like to do
something utilizing the base functionality of vb scripting and windows.

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:49:40 GMT
 Manage a Dialog with VB Script
You can implement it by launching another VBS file (Child VBS) in which the
copy task was executed.

In the main VBS file, you can launch the child one by using the Run method
of the WScript.Shell object with the last parameter "True".

Gary

This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights. Enjoyed ASP.NET? http://www.asp.net

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:36:58 GMT
 Manage a Dialog with VB Script

Quote:

> I used to use batch files (.bat) as a tool for our in house
> developers to grab that latest release drops from our LAN. I decided
> to switch to vb script so that i could have more power to do things
> like access the registry to store where they last grabbed everything
> to.

> Ive got my vbscript all working now using the FileSystemObject.
> However I wondering if anyong could suggest a solution to having some
> visual feedback that the copy opperation is working.

> More simply: Is there any way to have vb script display some kind of
> please wait dialog while i do the file copying work? (right now it
> asks for the destination path, then just drops out until finished
> when i display another messagebox) Ideally i would like to have a
> progress bar, but im assuming that the fso.CopyFolder() routine would
> provide no such access. I also dont want to have to install anything
> on the user's machine. I would like to do something utilizing the
> base functionality of vb scripting and windows.

Google Search: copyhere group:*.scripting
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=copyhere%20group:*.scripting&num=10...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:47:10 GMT

1. Common Dialog boxes in VB SCRipt

2. Managing data in Dialog boxes

3. Managing the mails I send thanks to VBA scripting

4. VB Script - to suppress Dialog?

5. Writing Dialogs in Vb-Scripting

6. Calling one VB Script from another VB Script

7. Passing control from VB to VB Script -- need to access SetFocus in script

8. Scripts to manage messages ikn Outlook

9. Scripting in HP Manage X

10. Manage in DHCP server by script

11. How to use VB Dialogs ?

12. How to use VB Dialogs ?