command line app
Author Message
 command line app

I am currently trying to get VBScript to run a command
line app with command line switches that starts an install
of NAVCE. i've gotten this far:

<script language="vbscript">
Set WshShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
WshShell.Run("\\server\vphome\clt-inst\WIN32
\SETUP.EXE /s /v" & chr(34) & "/qb" & "+" & " /mnavmnt" &
chr(34)")
</script>

does that look right? I keep getting unterminated string
constant errors that point to the line and column that are
just past the final ) on the end. First of all, am i doing
this right? Second, am i missing some quotes or something?
the raw command as it would be used at a DOS prompt is
this:

\\server\vphome\clt-inst\WIN32
\SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qb+ /mnavwnt"

thanks

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:11:58 GMT
 command line app

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I am currently trying to get vbscript to run a command
> line app with command line switches that starts an install
> of NAVCE. i've gotten this far:

> <script language="vbscript">
> Set WshShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
> WshShell.Run("\\server\vphome\clt-inst\WIN32
> \SETUP.EXE /s /v" & chr(34) & "/qb" & "+" & " /mnavmnt" &
> chr(34)")
> </script>

> does that look right? I keep getting unterminated string
> constant errors that point to the line and column that are
> just past the final ) on the end. First of all, am i doing
> this right? Second, am i missing some quotes or something?
> the raw command as it would be used at a DOS prompt is
> this:

> \\server\vphome\clt-inst\WIN32
> \SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qb+ /mnavwnt"

> thanks

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:59:03 GMT
 command line app
Thanks! Thank cleared up the erorr, (i just started with
vb script, so its like aaaahhh). Now comes the stoopid
question: what would be the best way to start this on the
page load? *hides*

Quote:

newsgroup instead.

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:05:31 GMT
 command line app
Thanks! Thank cleared up the erorr, (i just started with
vb script, so its like aaaahhh). Now comes the stoopid
question: what would be the best way to start this on the
page load? *hides*

Quote:

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:05:27 GMT
 command line app
Download the docs and then check the 2nd argument of the Run method...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winscript56/Install/5.6/W982KM...

If you are still using WSH 5.1 or 5.5, I don't think there are any public links to the documentation
downloads for those versions any more...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Thanks! Thank cleared up the erorr, (i just started with
> vb script, so its like aaaahhh). Now comes the stoopid
> question: what would be the best way to start this on the
> page load? *hides*

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:45:01 GMT

1. How do you execute a Command line App inside a VB program

2. Making a Command Line App

3. Executing 16Bit Command Line App with VB6

4. Command line app

5. View output from command line app

6. Command line apps.

7. Executing command line apps

8. Executing command to command line from VB App

9. Found a free command line FTP app!

10. Close or control any windows app from command line or batch file by calling WinAPI

11. Help with Win 95 screen saver command line - command line.zip [1/1]

12. Passing values into and out of Command Line application *and* command line prompt in vbscript