adding a user DSN connection to MS SQL server 2000 using AD GPO logon scripts
Author Message
 adding a user DSN connection to MS SQL server 2000 using AD GPO logon scripts

Does anyone know if this is possible? I've scoured the web for info on the
syntax, but have come up empty so far. Basically we have a dozen dumb
terminals (thanks to Win2K AD GPO) that only use an in-house frontend app to
a SQL server. Unfortunately, the developers who wrote the app didn't think
to use a system DSN (and apparently Crystal Reports doesn't support them
anyway), so every time we get a new person we have to jump through a ton of
hoops to get the ODBC connection working correctly for that person. GPO
can't help with this because the machine registry key policies are imported
from whichever machine the Admin is logged into at the time, which means
only the Admin's SID is being pushed to the clients. I am unaware of a batch
file that's capable of doing this, but hey, I'm open to any and all
suggestions at this point. Thanks for your help-

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:44:54 GMT

1. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

2. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

3. Executing MS SQL Server 2000 stored procs via MS Access 2000

4. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

5. Logon Script via GPO tries to load on XP when there is no network connection

6. noob - DSN connection to SQL Server using SQLOLEDB

7. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

8. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

9. Windows 2000, VB Script, Visual InterDev and SQL Server 7

10. Adding Exchange 2000 to a create user script

11. How can I get Role for Current User from SQL Server using VB6 ADO connection

12. Running .SQL scripts in MS Access 2000