cannot get the Request.QueryString
Author Message
 cannot get the Request.QueryString

I got runtime error with the following code. I wrote the
script in client side as the Word object needed to be
created. Could someone tell me how can I get the query
string in this case. Many thanks!

test.asp
========
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
Dim sLoginUser, oApp
sLoginUser = Request.QueryString("LOGIN_USER")
Set oApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
</SCRIPT>

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:36:47 GMT
 cannot get the Request.QueryString
If the SCRIPT function is running client side then change

sLoginUser = Request.QueryString("LOGIN_USER")

sLoginUser = "<%=Request.QueryString("LOGIN_USER")%>"

and it will include the variable value when the page is generated

--
Rob

http://www.dotnetdevelopment.co.uk/

Quote:
> I got runtime error with the following code. I wrote the
> script in client side as the Word object needed to be
> created. Could someone tell me how can I get the query
> string in this case. Many thanks!

> test.asp
> ========
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> Dim sLoginUser, oApp
> sLoginUser = Request.QueryString("LOGIN_USER")
> Set oApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
> </SCRIPT>

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:51:33 GMT
 cannot get the Request.QueryString
you can use
window.location.url.href and fish out out from the
string that is returned
Quote:

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:33:55 GMT

1. Need more Request.QueryString and Request.Form help

2. Can I Request.form and Request.querystring?

3. How to use VBA to send Request QueryString to an ASP page

4. Serializing Request.Querystring

5. NameValueCollection, Request.QueryString, WebForm usage

6. For each sKey in Request.QueryString returns Error 451

7. Request.Querystring

8. Problems with listbox and asp and request.querystring.

9. Request.QueryString

10. request.querystring in JavaScript?

11. Request.QueryString

12. VBScript Equivalent to Request.Querystring