activex dll and clientside scriptiing 
Author Message
 activex dll and clientside scriptiing

Hello !

I have the following problem:

I have created a dll that reads from/writes to the registry. I wrote an html
file, wich contains the following code:

<script language="VBScript" runat="client">

Sub CreateKey
    set reg = CreateObject("regmng.cregistry")
    reg.CreateKey &H80000001, "Software\Intellinet\Test"
End Sub
</script>

<html>
<body>
<input type="button" name="test" value="CreateKey" onclick="CreateKey()">
</body>
</html>

If i run this file, in explorer, it works just fine, BUT if i put it in a
webdirectory, and access it via the http protocol, i get the following
error:
"Error: ActiveX componet can't create object: 'regmng.cregistry'

This have to be clientside script, cause im going to read registry settings
from the user, and not the webserver.

Anyone have anything to say on this ?

Best regards

Stig Lytjohan
Webdeveloper



Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 activex dll and clientside scriptiing
if the client haven't the activeX it's normal
you should be install the ActiveX on the clientside

Stig Lytjohan a crit :

Quote:
> Hello !

> I have the following problem:

> I have created a dll that reads from/writes to the registry. I wrote an html
> file, wich contains the following code:

> <script language="vbscript" runat="client">

> Sub CreateKey
>     set reg = CreateObject("regmng.cregistry")
>     reg.CreateKey &H80000001, "Software\Intellinet\Test"
> End Sub
> </script>

> <html>
> <body>
> <input type="button" name="test" value="CreateKey" onclick="CreateKey()">
> </body>
> </html>

> If i run this file, in explorer, it works just fine, BUT if i put it in a
> webdirectory, and access it via the http protocol, i get the following
> error:
> "Error: ActiveX componet can't create object: 'regmng.cregistry'

> This have to be clientside script, cause im going to read registry settings
> from the user, and not the webserver.

> Anyone have anything to say on this ?

> Best regards

> Stig Lytjohan
> Webdeveloper



Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 activex dll and clientside scriptiing
Hi

I have registered the dll with the "regsvr32.exe" utility. That should be
all i have to do, right ?

Best regards

Stig Lytjohan

Webdeveloper


Quote:
> if the client haven't the activeX it's normal
> you should be install the ActiveX on the clientside

> Stig Lytjohan a crit :

> > Hello !

> > I have the following problem:

> > I have created a dll that reads from/writes to the registry. I wrote an
html
> > file, wich contains the following code:

> > <script language="vbscript" runat="client">

> > Sub CreateKey
> >     set reg = CreateObject("regmng.cregistry")
> >     reg.CreateKey &H80000001, "Software\Intellinet\Test"
> > End Sub
> > </script>

> > <html>
> > <body>
> > <input type="button" name="test" value="CreateKey"

onclick="CreateKey()">

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > </body>
> > </html>

> > If i run this file, in explorer, it works just fine, BUT if i put it in
a
> > webdirectory, and access it via the http protocol, i get the following
> > error:
> > "Error: ActiveX componet can't create object: 'regmng.cregistry'

> > This have to be clientside script, cause im going to read registry
settings
> > from the user, and not the webserver.

> > Anyone have anything to say on this ?

> > Best regards

> > Stig Lytjohan
> > Webdeveloper



Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 activex dll and clientside scriptiing
That would depend. Are you the only person that is going to be using this
page?

Dominic Marks



Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 activex dll and clientside scriptiing

For now, im the only one, cause im testing this. But the problem is not how
to get the dll registered with the user, this is all taken care of. (The
company i work for, is an application service provider, so we can easily
install the dll for the users)

Anyone think they have an answer for me?

Stig Lytjohan
Webdeveloper


Quote:
> That would depend. Are you the only person that is going to be using this
> page?

> Dominic Marks



Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:08:20 GMT  
 activex dll and clientside scriptiing
You will have to get the DLL digitally signed as safe for execution in
Internet Explorer. Verisign provide this sort of service.

Dominic Marks



Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Accessing IE5 DOM from inside my clientside activex obj in a activex dll

2. How do I call a standard DLL from clientside JavaScript

3. ClientSide ActiveX for Netscape?

4. clientside activeX control wants to reboot the system after install

5. About Create ActiveX Object on the clientside

6. ActiveX COM on clientside

7. clientside ActiveX html Problem

8. clientside activeX AND form position..

9. Building ActiveX controls that will access activex.dll running on PWS

10. ActiveX.exe or ActiveX DLL or ActiveX Control?????????????

11. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

12. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software