Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)
Author Message
 Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)

Hello everybody,

I have to export 300 fields to a flat (COBOL like - mainframe) file and I
couldn't figure out how to break the fields at a specific column.

I have tried to use textstream.column but it doesn't break the field...

HELP!!

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)
Would split function work?

yourColumn = split(yourVar, ",") 'where the comma could be anything.
See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/VBScript/doc/vsfctSplit.htm
That loads them into an one dimensional array.

--
Regards,
Tony

Come see the last best place, BillingsDINE
www.csofm.com/blgsdine/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I have to export 300 fields to a flat (COBOL like - mainframe) file and I
> couldn't figure out how to break the fields at a specific column.

> I have tried to use textstream.column but it doesn't break the field...

> HELP!!

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)
I'm sorry that would be skip method
object.skip(73),
see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vsmthSkip.htm

--
Regards,
Tony
Developer/designer/all around good guy
www.csofm.com
We specialize in Medical and Construction office solutions

Come see the last best place, BillingsDINE
www.csofm.com/blgsdine/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I have to export 300 fields to a flat (COBOL like - mainframe) file and I
> couldn't figure out how to break the fields at a specific column.

> I have tried to use textstream.column but it doesn't break the field...

> HELP!!

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)
Are you trying to _create_ this flat file or _read_ it?
Are all of the 300 "fields" the same length?

--
Michael Harris

| Hello everybody,
|
| I have to export 300 fields to a flat (COBOL like - mainframe) file and I
| couldn't figure out how to break the fields at a specific column.
|
| I have tried to use textstream.column but it doesn't break the field...
|

| HELP!!

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Breaking a field using textstream at certain column number (73)

Thanks,
I will try that.

Andre

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export (flat file through textstream or print#) need to break the fields at column 73

2. Trouble with ADO in VB5 to Oracle 7.33, using the Oracle 73 driver

3. Breaking up a phone number field into seperate fields

4. how to make an autonumber field starting from a certain number

5. Reading a field and using that field to place a number in another field

6. VB4 connecting to Oracle 73

7. Visual Basic connecting to Oracle 73

8. Upgrading Oracle 73 to 8

9. Microsoft ODBC for Oracle v 2.73.728303 issue with WINNT

10. VB5, Oracle 73 and CR 4.6

11. Trouble with ADO in VB5 with Oracle 7.33 and Oracle 73 driver

12. MaxRows - Oracle 2.73.726900 (MDAC) Driver Help