formatting a memo field for a web site
Author Message
 formatting a memo field for a web site

I have a database field that I have created with FP2000 database wiz and one
of the fields is a large memo field that contains the proper formatting in
Access2000, spaces and returns.

Does anyone know how I can get the web page to display the formatting of the
memo field?

I was told to do a global replace of vbcrlf but I don't know how to do that.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Tony

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 formatting a memo field for a web site

Replace(sText, vbCrLf, "<BR>")

HTML ignores white spaces (space, tab, carriage return, line feed, etc)

You must replace a CR/LF with a <BR> to get the new line effect.

You can also do this: Replace(sText, " ", "&nbsp;") to preserve
spacing or
Replace(sText, vbTab, "&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;") to preserve
tabs.

-Chad

Quote:

> I have a database field that I have created with FP2000 database wiz and one
> of the fields is a large memo field that contains the proper formatting in
> Access2000, spaces and returns.

> Does anyone know how I can get the web page to display the formatting of the
> memo field?

> I was told to do a global replace of vbcrlf but I don't know how to do that.

> Any advice is appreciated.
> Thank you for your time
> Tony

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Formatting Memo Field

2. Format Text Stored in Access Memo Fields

3. formatting an Access Memo field in ASP

4. Append memo field to a different memo field

5. Memo fields - problems reporting 2 memo fields

6. Returning formatted Memo field in query

7. Memo Field Format

8. VB to Access Memo-Field formatting code?

9. Site Maps - for web site

10. Best site for freelancer work (PHP, Web site, java, oracle sql, php, data entry)

11. Embed Fields within a memo field

12. HELP: linking txt field with a memo field