How to read a value from the registry ...
Author Message
 How to read a value from the registry ...

Hi,
I need to read a value from the registry named '\\server1\share' (without
cotation marks). The problem is that the registry thinks that i have severel
sub-keys (because the \), and dont find the value.

I have already try in several forms like :
1)
Key="HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test\\\server1\share"
Result=WshShell.RegRead(var2)
2)
Key="HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test\\\\\server1\\share"
Result=WshShell.RegRead(var2)
3)
Key="HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test\'\\server1\share'"
Result=WshShell.RegRead(var2)

Can anyone tell me how to do it ?

Thanks,
Trigo de Sousa

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to read REG_BINARY value from remote registry? (regobj.dll)

2. Reading user's registry value

3. How to read registry values?

4. Read a value in a remote registry

5. Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)

6. How do i read registry values

7. How can I read registry values?

8. How to read registry key containing many string values

9. How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?

10. Reading registry values

11. Reading binary registry values using regobj.dll

12. Reading Registry values remotely