using windows network username from an HTTP request to login to a SQL Server
Author Message
 using windows network username from an HTTP request to login to a SQL Server

On an ASP page, I am trying to capture the windows
authentication from the HTTP request object and use it to
connect to a SQL Server 7 using NT authentication.

I am able to get the windows login information from the
ServerVariables collection within the HTTP Request object.

Since, there is row-level security setup in the database,
I need to use the correct windows login as a part of the
connection string for opening the ADODB connection and
execute some queries there after. The web page is
complaining about login failed for the value (domain\user)

Please do let me know of any suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance,
- Bhavesh.

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:32:25 GMT

1. Constant login requests using OLE DB to SQL Server with CRD 8

2. SQL Server Windows Authentication : How to connect a different user then the current Windows login user

3. SQL Server Windows Authentication : How to connect a different user then the current Windows login user

4. Sending username and password in http request?

5. Windows Networking Username Using COM objects

6. SQL-Server: Retrieving the UserName (when using trusted security)

7. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

8. Login using SQL Server/Form

9. Request for opinion about using SQL Server

10. Inserting the Windows NT login username into a Word document

11. sending http request through dll running on the server

12. sending http request through dll running on the server