downloading file without pop-ups
Author Message
 downloading file without pop-ups

Hi,

I've got a problem to solve :
I would like to propose downloads on my site.
I want to do it without the usual pop-up window, that is, I want the user to
select a directory in a HTML form, and then a 'submit' button will save the
file without any window popping up.
Is it possible with VBScript ?
Someone has an idea ?

Thanks.
Emmanuel

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:59:25 GMT
 downloading file without pop-ups

Quote:
> ...save the
> file without any window popping up.

Not possible in vbscript or any other scripting language.  It would be a security breach for the
browser to allow it without user knowledge and consent...

Welcome to life on the Internet ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:25:40 GMT

1. Pop-ups in MS Office

2. pop-ups

3. Pop-ups in TreeView

4. Pop-ups

5. Pop ups

6. control enumeration pop-ups at design time

7. Pop Ups

8. Send e-mail without Outlook or without pop up messages

9. Download Files without File dialog box ?

10. Running a local bat file without the download dialog box prompt

11. download file without ftp

12. IShellExecuteHook or executing downloaded files without asking