Backing up Event Logs
Author Message
 Backing up Event Logs

I am attempting to complete a VBScript to backup event
logs to a directory. I pretty much have it working but
have run into one problem backing up the File Replication
Service. I am using the following to back up the logs

strTypeEvent = "Security"
Call ExecuteBackup(strTypeEvent)
I use this for the other logs DNS,Application,System,
Directory Service, etc and they back up with no problem.
I have tried the following for the File Replication with
no luck

strTypeEvent = "File Replication Service"
Call ExecuteBackup(strTypeEVent)
I also tried strTypeEvent = "NTFRS" with same results.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:40:23 GMT

1. Backing up the Event Log to a central location

2. Logging events to NT Event Log from VB5

3. Making an Event Log Message File in VB (NOT WRITING TO THE EVENT LOG)

4. Event Log: Writing to the NT Event Log

5. Making back ups

6. Logging to system event logs...

7. How-to: Log to NT Event Log

8. Logging events using app.log

9. Help: Event Logging to System log

10. Logging to the Event Log

11. Logging to WINNT event log

12. How to Retrieve Events For One Day From An Event Log on Windows 2000/NT