Create Data Report at run-time?
Author Message
 Create Data Report at run-time?

I want to give users a VB application which includes the facility to create
their own reports. I want to specify the source of the data but I want the
user to be able to format the report according to their requirements at
run-time.

Can this be done with VB6 Enterprise which uses Data Reports or should I
rather look at using an external report writer like Crystal (unfortunately
no longer comes with VB).

Many thanks.

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Create Data Report at run-time?
I can't speak to VB's Data Reports, but I can tell you that we use Crystal
Reports, and we are looking for a replacement. The problem is Crystal
doesn't scale very well. At about 20 or so users, the service just dies.

Jeff

Quote:
> I want to give users a VB application which includes the facility to
create
> their own reports. I want to specify the source of the data but I want the
> user to be able to format the report according to their requirements at
> run-time.

> Can this be done with VB6 Enterprise which uses Data Reports or should I
> rather look at using an external report writer like Crystal (unfortunately
> no longer comes with VB).

> Many thanks.

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Create Data Report at run-time?
Robert,

Did you consider Word or Excel for this?

Kathleen

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Create Data Report at run-time?
A former programmer from our company at his new job uses with VB 6.0, Active
Reports.
http://www.datadynamics.com . Since all our reports are using Crystal 6.0 we
have to stick
with Crystal. I'm getting the upgrade to 7.0.

AD

Quote:

> I can't speak to VB's Data Reports, but I can tell you that we use Crystal
> Reports, and we are looking for a replacement. The problem is Crystal
> doesn't scale very well. At about 20 or so users, the service just dies.

> Jeff

> > I want to give users a VB application which includes the facility to
> create
> > their own reports. I want to specify the source of the data but I want the
> > user to be able to format the report according to their requirements at
> > run-time.

> > Can this be done with VB6 Enterprise which uses Data Reports or should I
> > rather look at using an external report writer like Crystal (unfortunately
> > no longer comes with VB).

> > Many thanks.

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Report Designer - Creating Hierarchy at Run Time

2. Create Data Report at run-time?

3. Data Environment / Data Report / Changing database file at run time

4. MNS VB 6.0 Data Environment and Data Report Run time problem

5. server time reported on .asp web pages, how do I report client side time correctly

6. Create Header/Footer report sections at run time.

7. Creating Ad-Hoc Report at run-time?

8. Creating Ad-Hoc Report at run-time?

9. How to create reports at run time?

10. Create fields on report at run time